PROGRAM MANAGER II
Project Rome is a new and exciting user-centric platform to deliver cross-device experiences across apps and operating systems. It will enable you to seamlessly transition activities and tasks between phones, tablets, PCs, XBOX, and connected home (IoT) devices for both consumer and business customers. These capabilities will be built into Windows, apps, and services to create new types of solutions that leverage the strengths of all the compute and smart devices around you. Timeline as shown at Build 2017 is one such example. Behind Project Rome is a set of super high scale infrastructure services that make all this work.
If you have a passion for innovating in the cloud and delivering high scale platform services, then come join our team.
We’re looking for an experienced technical program manager to deliver the next generation services powering Project Rome. These include notifications and cross-device messaging (WNS), activity feeds, and integration with the Project Rome client SDK and Microsoft Graph. Our services literally serve billions of requests per day. You will be very proficient in understanding, designing, and running super high scale and highly reliable web services. You will be very customer and developer focused partnering with Windows client teams, Office, XBOX, and Developer Experience teams. It is a great opportunity to bring your vision, enthusiasm, and leadership to drive success and grow your career with highly visible and critical services at Microsoft.
To be successful you will have excellent cross-group collaboration skills. You will need to have exceptional communication skills both within and outside our team and up to leadership levels to coordinate plans, designs, and deliverables.
• Passion, innovation, and creativity for cloud based technologies and developer/customer experiences.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Highly-organized with a systematic, strategic approach to problem solving and execution
• Top notch collaboration skills with a demonstrated history of successfully driving large projects that span organizational boundaries
• Proven technical ability with high scale platform web services
• 4+ years of experience as a technical program manager shipping client and/or service software
• Computer Science or related technical degree or equivalent industry experience is required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.