The Xbox team is at the forefront of ensuring the games that ship on Microsoft platforms are the best in the industry. We empower, accelerate, and partner with the industry’s best creators to create industry-defining games across all of our platforms. The team is at the heart of Microsoft’s efforts to make games on our platforms the best they possibly can be. We act as the voice of the game development community, working closely with our platform, publishing, and business teams across Microsoft to ensure we are providing the best platform for game developers across all disciplines. We are on the leading edge of games development at Microsoft through tight coordination with both internal and external partners.
The team is looking for a program manager who specializes in localization and content release management. This individual needs to be fluent in English and Japanese (written and verbal) and should be passionate about helping our team to create the best platform in the industry. This role helps maintain our platforms and will help us to evolve our strategy and support. We are looking for a passionate individual who has experience with content translation to help ensure that our support for ALL developers is best in class.
• Serve as our Redmond based advocate and connection point to our Japanese and European teams and developers, helping to ensure both sides are aware of key work happening
• Maintain our content publishing pipeline on our developer portals including tracking needed changes and in many cases making required changes directly.
• Help provide quick localization from English into Japanese for key developer updates and news which is posted into our forums and newsletters.
• Oversee our efforts by managing content tracks and schedules between MS and our localization vendor
• Attend quarterly business trips to Japan and assist leadership with translation needs
• Monitor our Japanese developer forums and assist with issue triage and localization as needed
• Partner with the Creative team to help track their work and communicate their efforts across our organization
• Help plan and coordinate developer events
• Oversee the sunsetting of our old developer portal once our new system is online
• Proficient business level Japanese and English skills, both verbal and written
• Experience overseeing localization efforts
• 3+ Years of Program management experience
• Self-motivated and detail-oriented, with a strong work ethic
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.