Do you have a passion for working on platforms that impact billions of users and empowering the teams in getting high quality features in the hands of those customers faster? Does the prospect of leveraging the cloud to create a world class engineering system excite you? Satya recently stated in his keynote speech, “I want our best engineers to work on our engineering systems”. This is an exciting time to be working on the Engineering Systems - big challenges, big opportunities, big impact.
The team is looking for a passionate, customer obsessed Program Manager II to help us execute on our vision. Our team is an integral part of Windows & Devices Group (WDG) in Engineering System (ES), accountable for the engineering system’s quality service solutions that enable Windows, Phone, XBOX, and the internet of things to easily validate the quality of their components and technologies to empower the organization to release with high quality and velocity through natural CICD workflows.
This role offers an opportunity to revolutionize the way software is tested and released in Microsoft. Our vision is laser-focused on a modern ES that drives engineering productivity and realizes the new vision for quality at Microsoft. You will get an opportunity to empower the organization to ship high quality code with confidence and velocity with developed experiences that drive accountability and insights. You will work with a super-talented team that is relentlessly working on making our engineer’s life easy. Interaction with senior leaders within the WDG division will be frequent, as will close cooperation with key stakeholders across the WDG organization. The job requires technical depth, good analytical skills, cross group collaboration, as well as great communication and presentation skills.
• Identifying solutions to help us ensure we have the tools and processes to increase developer’s productivity and overall product quality.
• Every feature proposal that you bring is backed with a means to measure success.
• Provide hands on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases and be the champion for the project and team.
• Cross group collaboration with all the feature teams and strong customer advocacy as we continually engage with customers directly to ensure we deliver an amazing solution that meets their needs.
• Driving the right communication strategy and own executive reviews for the project.
• 4 years’ experience as a Developer or Program Manager
• BA/BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Information Systems or additional 4 years’ experience with a degree
• Strong customer empathy and advocacy, with a real desire to deliver great value to our customers and partners
• Strong communication skills with the ability to align with the overall vision and deliver on the appropriate content.
• Work prioritization, planning and task delegation
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.