How many chances do you get in a lifetime to define the next generation of Information Technology?
Come join the group in Microsoft Research that has been responsible for incubating and developing key technologies in internet video streaming, scalable cloud computing, and converged smartphones.
This team in Microsoft Research NExT (New Experiences and Technologies) is building operating system solutions for connected devices through to high-scale services that will run non-stop around the globe. We work in small, collaborative teams to architect massively scalable and reliable systems. These opportunities provide unparalleled opportunity to grow your skill sets, build pioneering solutions, and get exposure to a wide array of technologies.
In this role, you will:
• Become an externally-facing representative on our project to sales and customers; work closely with architecture and engineering to influence direction and decisions based on your feedback from Microsoft’s customers and analysis of the competitive landscape.
• Effectively tell the story of our solutions in public and internal events.
• Deliver high-quality collateral of our solutions, in collaboration with SMEs in our team, to empower sales and customers to evaluate our value proposition.
• Help to foster increasing the diversity of thought and ideas within the group.
• Intercontinental travel required (estimated 1 to 2 trips per quarter).
• 4+ years of experience in program management, consulting
• 2+ years of experience working in customer facing roles.
• A BS/MSc in technical field
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.