Windows Servicing and Delivery team has a vision of delivering high quality servicing experience for billions of happily engaged and connected, up-to-date customers. The team is focused on enabling and unblocking key consumer and business scenarios by keeping customers up-to-date with the latest features, bug fixes, and patching security vulnerabilities for in market OS versions.
We are looking for an energetic, highly technical candidate with a strong customer focus for the role of senior program manager in the WSD Server team. WSD is a fast paced (monthly releases directly to customers!), challenging environment with excellent opportunities for career growth. Windows 10 RTM release provides a unique opportunity to innovate and contribute to the execution of the Windows as a Service (WaaS) servicing model in the WSD team.
Responsibilities will include:
• Investigating and understanding customer scenarios and expectations in depth, using telemetry/data, anecdotal evidence, personal experience and market perceptions
• Manage and coordinate with a team of engineers to deliver features, fixes, and security updates on a monthly basis
• Driving efficiency and quality into the engineering processes in partnership with the engineering lead
• Maintaining a great relationship with other cross org feature teams and with the Escalation Services organization
• Removing ambiguity and driving to solutions that are well understand and can be delivered with high quality
• Understanding the broader ecosystem and customer scenarios and using that understanding to set priorities for the tea
• Managing schedules, risks, and issues and communicating them effectively to the team, management, and partners
• 2+ or more years of program or project management experience.
Qualifications & traits we seek in the candidate:
• A bachelors in computer science or related field.
• High level understanding of server and networking technologies and concepts and the ability to learn new technologies rapidly
• The ability to build trust with internal and external partners through quality delivery and integrity
• Ability to reduce chaos, increase simplification and reduce stress for the team
• Demonstrating a focus on growth for the business, the team and one’s self
• A willingness to forge or be open to new paths with the ability to lead others along while doing so
Technical and PM specific knowledge:
• Experience understanding code (C, C++, C#)
• Experience in Server, networking technologies for enterprise IT deployments
• Basic understanding of windows internals and diagnostics
• Familiarity with VSO or other work tracking and bug management systems
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.