Every once in a while, a job comes along with the opportunity to positively affect how international users experience Microsoft content. If you have a passion for content and localization and can wear many hats, then this may be the job for you.
The APEX International Content team is searching for a PM who can help guide us to deliver a content experience on docs.microsoft.com which our world-wide customers will love. Our organization is building Microsoft’s new content experience on a mobile, modern, and user-friendly platform. Our team works closely with our dynamic partner PM and development teams, who are building the new platform to eventually host all of Microsoft’s content.
In this PM role, you will be closely working with the PM and development teams to understand which new features are in the pipeline, and how they affect our international customers. You’ll participate in spec reviews, get input from stakeholders, and determine which functionality should be added or modified for our international customers.
During your work on international platform features, you will become knowledgeable about the localization workflow and may own some localization projects, so you can identify features which may necessitate changes in the localization tooling, and bring these requirements to the tools PM, so localization automation can be adjusted as needed to accommodate the platform changes.
In this role, you’ll need to drill down on detail functionality, including getting input from stakeholders, and hands-on testing of new features if necessary. You’ll be working in a close team-oriented environment and will help deliver solutions for multiple features on fast iteration cycles. There are new challenges arriving every day in this job, so you’ll need to be able to reason about priorities and create collaborative agreements about the ordering of work while maintaining good relationships with your partner teams.
Key Experiences & Knowledge
• Experience designing, implementing and optimizing solutions at scale, with the ability to ramp up quickly on a new technical domain
• Ability to drive cross group problem solving, customer advocacy and ability to apply creativity, critical thinking and solution-mindedness in a dynamic working environment across content, engineering and supplier
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and can communicate clearly complex requirements and issues to the target audience
• Agile methodology, usage of TFS or similar tooling, as well as Git/GitHub knowledge
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
• 3-5 years relevant PM experience in workflows supporting services delivery and troubleshooting the production of web content
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.