Program Manager II
The evolution towards “Windows as a Service” is changing the way the Windows engineering organization ships its products, measures success, and quickly responds to customer issues. Our team in the Core Data Engineering group is seeking an experienced Program Manager to fill a critical role in helping Windows engineering teams leverage unprecedented amounts of data from real customers to make decisions that continuously improve the customer experience on Windows devices. This position represents an opportunity to make an impact on the Windows business, and a chance to develop skills that are in high demand, big data analytics, predictive modeling, data visualization, AI-driven workflows, and computational design.
We’re looking for someone who has experience in, and a passion for, designing and delivering products, preferably big data products, to an Enterprise audience. This person will also have a key interest in the skills described above and will demonstrate a passion for leading a data-driven culture, with examples of driving change and/or making an impact using quantitative and qualitative data.
Our group is responsible for Data Science and Data Engineering for Windows. We develop several internal data products and pipelines that we use to drive data-driven engineering and release decisions for Windows products and services. We foster a start-up-like environment and encourage Agile development practices.
• 5+ years of Program Management experience.
Desired skills and experiences include:
• Demonstrated track record planning, designing, and delivering data-driven experiences or apps.
• Strong computational design skills with a passion for data visualization.
• Experience using quantitative and qualitative data to make decisions and recommendations, to build and communicate plans, and to monitor and measure progress against goals.
• Experience designing, building, and shipping services. Ideally experience with shipping data products. • Ability to build and foster strong relationships and deliver across a broad set of dependencies
• Agile development experience.
• BS or MS in Computer Science or related field required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.