What you will do
The role of Program Manager II is to execute, support, and track projects and strategic initiatives according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes coordinating the efforts of core, extended and support team members, contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Program Manager role works within a cross-functional and geographically diverse team to deliver the project or initiative to the business. How you will do it
- Define project schedule, scope, goals, resource requirements, and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders. Direct and manage projects from beginning to end using the Johnson Controls Product Development Process (PDP).
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Coordinate, manage, communicate and lead a cross-functional project team ensure clear and accurate communication between team members and between project sub-teams and deliver the project.
- Develop project plans, budget proposals, resource plans and associated communications documents. Provide and manage changes to each throughout the scope of a project.
- Deliver monthly progress reports, PDP documentation and deliverables, periodic presentations and project status updates via project scoreboards, and management reviews.
- Determine and assess need for additional team members and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan, schedule, and track project timelines, deliverables, and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and create contingency plans.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
#externalWhat we look for
Who we are
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field with 5 years of experience in project management or a related technical field.
- Technically competent with project management software tools and concepts (such as Microsoft Project) and the Microsoft software suite.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines and cultures.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including senior management, customers, and other departments.
- Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
- Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.