Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Comcast is seeking a Technical Program Manager to join the Technology and Product Security Team. The Technical Program Manager will be responsible for end-to-end project management, demonstrating ownership of the entire process from start to finish. The position requires managing several different projects of varying scale and priority with many different teams and businesses. Will be required to facilitate efficient communication across all levels of a project to ensure consistency in reaching the project's goal, and to help in the recognition of any potential opportunities, risks, or complications.
The Technical Program Manager will:
- Have technical knowledge in multiple areas of technology which should include some of the following: cloud, networking, application software, mobile, internet, video, telephony, analytics, micro-services architectures, software defined networks and machine learning
- Understanding of security basics for cryptography, key management, TLS, PKI, authentication, access control, integrity and availability
- Understand and work in an agile environment
- Understand and have experience in DevSecOps
- Coordinate scoping, requirements gathering and architecture review activities
- Make project scheduling decisions in conjunction with the lead engineer(s) or facilitate conversations necessary for decision making
- Manage program and project level milestones and action items
- Excellent power point skills to visualize the program dashboard, project structure, project scope and goals, milestones, use cases, status, issues, blockers, dependencies and risks.
- Be able to communicate technical details to non-technical audiences
- Have excellent organization and communication skills
- Track and assure the delivery of multiple concurrent work streams
- Help overcome obstacles to on-time delivery through keen oversight and good communications
- Track action items and work with individual action item owners to ensure effectively delivery within the project goals and project plan
- Support development sprints and as needed work as a scrum master
- Identify risks to delivery; effectively communicate risk to stakeholders
- Anticipate and resolve issues (eliminate roadblocks for team to enable delivery)
- Report status weekly including keeping a dashboard
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Technical Discipline orEquivalent
- Generally requires 11+ years related experience
- 7+ years of experience in project leadership or similar role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and manage a wide variety of work streams simultaneously, and under deadline.
- Certifications: Relevant cyber security certifications, such as CISSP, CISM, PgMP, PMP and/or PMI are highly desired
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.