Greetings, students! We're geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in summer 2017. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you're applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!Quest Objectives
Are you passionate about building an industry-leading platform to support the ever-evolving designs of an iconic game developer? Are you excited by the idea of working closely with talented people from all over the company - designers, marketing managers, producers, engineers - helping them turn their ideas into reality, and then delivering a world-class feature to hundreds of millions of fans? If so, then we have a quest for you!
The web and mobile team in Austin is seeking a talented and enthusiastic associate program manager intern for summer 2017! The web and mobile team handles all aspects of the Blizzard web presence, from flashy product marketing web sites to mission critical account-related applications, and everything in between. This program management internship will interface closely with our web engineers and designers. An ideal intern would have the capability to learn about design and technical issues and work fluidly with cross-discipline groups within the company.
Your quests on any given day will be to:
Intern Guild Requirements
- Work closely with the engineers and designers on breaking down work into user stories and sub-tasks.
- Improve design and engineering processes for the team.
- Stakeholders updates on the development process.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university, or planning to enroll in Fall 2017
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2017 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 - 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 22, 2017 - August 11, 2017 or June 12, 2017 - September 1, 2017 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Bachelor's Degree in CS or related field
- Understanding of project management methodologies
- Understanding of product management methodologies
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative; enthusiastic "can-do" attitude is a must
- Familiar with and experience working in an Agile environment with Scrum and Kanban teams
WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We're serious about this - due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
- Cover Letter detailing why you would be a good fit for Battle.net
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.