Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Life Safety Products, part of Building Technologies & Solutions, specializes in Firefighter Solutions, Gas and Flame Detection Products, Industrial / Personal Protective Equipment, and Military and Civil Defense Devices, serving markets which include Fire Services, Petro-Chemical Oil and Gas, Marine, Military, Civil Defense, and General Industrial. It includes leading brands in the Life Safety Industry such as Scott Safety and Tyco Gas and Flame Detection. Our employees are passionate about creating innovative solutions and products that allow customers to work in, monitor, and make decisions about hazardous environments.
This position is responsible for leading cross-functional teams through all phases of highly complex new product developments, utilizing advanced technologies, including thermal imaging, communication systems, detectors and sensors, pneumatics, filtration, and IoT. It is based in Life Safety's global headquarters in Monroe, North Carolina, located near Charlotte, and reports directly to the Global PMO Leader.
The successful candidate will have an engineering product development background, which progressed to functional technical leadership for a project or subsystem, followed by overall project and program management responsibilities.
• Manage internal and external resources to establish and achieve program goals (On-Time, On-Spec, and On-Cost)
• Create and track effective risk management and mitigation plans
• Lead scope and requirements management, including appropriate tradeoff analysis
• Develop and track comprehensive plans and communicate status to all levels of the organization
• Track and maintain program budget and product cost estimates
• Create and track key performance indicators
• Coach and mentor team members to ensure that they are performing at their fullest potential
• Maintain oversight of robust processes and controls to ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations and Johnson Control's business policies
• Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering discipline
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in a New Product Development (NPD) program management role, comprising of Electrical, Software, Embedded Systems, and Mechanical disciplines
• Minimum of 3 years of program management experience and prefer 5 years of experience serving in the role of an Engineer on an NPD project or subsystem
• Minimum of 2 years of experience serving in the role of a functional technical lead on an NDP project or subsystem
• Strong problem solving and decision making skills
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification highly desired
• Lean, Six Sigma and DMAIC methodologies experience highly desired
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.