Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
This role will be for the project management team driving PayPal's In Store Engineering initiatives in Newton, MA. This team is responsible for delivering disruptive commerce platforms enabling mobile transactions in a wide range environments including fuel pay-at-the-pump and cardless cash access (CCA) at ATMs. Project management team responsibilities will span the entire range of Engineering and Operations team initiatives, including Product development (CCA, fuel etc.), managing on premise and public cloud infrastructures, break/fix, information security, system automation and release management.
As a Program Manager, you will work with external stakeholders and assist other project managers in all aspects of project planning, data gathering, analysis, development, communication, status tracking, implementation, monitoring, and follow-ups. You will collaborate with Engineering leaders, Architects and Product Owners across PayPal following our project management life cycle methodology based on Feature Driven Development. You will also be charged with recommending and developing operational and process improvements for the performance and successful functioning of the Engineering and PM teams. Responsibilities :
- Nurture self-organizing, high performing teams through leadership and mentoring.
- Encourage, support and guide continuous improvement of the team, its products and processes.
- Able to work with and represent a wide variety of stakeholders that need to work within a matrixed team environment.
- Guides Product Owner in developing, maintaining and grooming Product Backlog.
- Removes impediments/blockers in order to keep teams highly productive.
- Identifies and manages dependencies with other internal or external teams.
- Provides metrics and status to senior management and accurately represent status of the project team(s).
- Organize and lead Release Planning for a delivery group of multiple teams assigned to a product or product feature group resulting in the creation of a product roadmap.
- Ensure all teams align with external corporate planning expectations.
- Facilitates iterative planning, release planning, daily stand-ups and stakeholder demos.
- Lead project retrospectives and commitment to improvement on a regular cadence.
- Advocate the Agile management process and protocols.
- Contributes to and demonstrates a solid understanding of product vision and product roadmap pertaining to project.
- Proven ability to develop effective, matrix, cross-organization relationships, collaborating and communicating across business and technology stakeholders and multiple geographies.
- Strong technical acumen, able to ensure that technical solutions, strategies, practices and governance deliver business and customer value.
- Deep knowledge of program & project management process, management software tools, templates and techniques.
- Experience with different software development methodologies including the agile development methodology such as Scrum, Kanban.
- Familiarity with various Project Management methodologies - Agile, Waterfall, Kanban etc.
- Success in developing program (& project) level artifacts to support a major software implementation program with concurrent releases.
- 7-9 years professional related work experience.
- At least 5 years recent experience driving projects in an Agile environment.
- Thorough understanding of waterfall and iterative software development to help teams implement the most optimal approach suited to the teams needs aligned with DevOps practices.
- Excellent communicator, able to gain the respect of the team, external stakeholders and management.
- Skilled at creating a fully transparent development process that the teams embrace and all stakeholders gain visibility on how the backlog is being depleted to meet customer goals.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills, must have facilitated team collaboration sessions such as Release Planning, Retrospectives and cross team dependencies.
- Complete understanding of agile processes such as Scrum and Kanban to mentor and guide teams, experience should be progressively demonstrable through career path.
- Understand agile metrics and reporting techniques, help teams adopt appropriate Information Radiators to show progress of all work and "burn down's" at iteration and Release level of remaining work.
- Experienced in developing close working relationships with all levels of management, especially the functional managers of team members.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification required.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) preferred.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.