Program Manager - Scrum, Agile
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: December 24, 2016
Reference ID: 173922BR
RSA Archer, the world’s leading Governance, Risk and Compliance product, is seeking an ambitious and self-motivated Project Manager/Scrum Master to join our fast-growing Engineering Team. This is an ideal role for someone ready to put their real-world experience to work while working with multiple, experienced Engineering and Cross-Functional teams. You will be working directly with Scrum teams located worldwide while under direction of senior members in Program Management and Engineering. You will engage scrum teams and facilitate all aspects of Agile/Scrum to ensure teams are well-run and finish their work on time.
**Principal Duties and Responsibilities**
1. Work at an enterprise level to assist with the management of large, complex enterprise-level projects consisting of multiple Agile teams including, but not limited to, integration of activities outside the scope of the agile teams
2. Work in a consultative manner at the vertical (team) level to help implement appropriate processes and tools.
3. Work as a coach with team members as needed to optimize the efficiency of the project team
4. Demonstration of flexibility to work in “hybrid” Agile approaches, if needed, to develop approaches suitable for planning and managing efforts to achieve project/business goals
5. Expect candidate to use their high level of knowledge and experience in all types of project management to fit our large, complex, enterprise-level projects
**Essential Job Requirements** :
1. Project Planning and Execution – ability to work towards delivery of scoped/scheduled work with focus on regular, on-time delivery of value; manage and surface issues and risks; track teams progress using primary “source of truth” tools. In this case that is JIRA.
2. Team Management – Function in all capacities as a scrum master; hold teams accountable, remove impediments/roadblocks, mentor where possible and appropriate
3. Product Owner Support – Support Product Owner(s) as needed and in conjunction with Program Management and Engineering Management
4. Process Improvement – Actively search for and identify areas of process improvement within teams, cross-team and with cross-functional teams (non-engineering)
5. Team Building – Empower the team, ensure consistent engagement of all team members and encourage everyone to work at a sustainable pace with exceptionally high levels of quality
1. Full understanding of software development life cycle models as well as practitioner level knowledge of Agile and traditional project management principles
2. Proven track record of using Agile methodologies including 4+ years experience managing large, complex projects in high-tech development environments with multiple teams
3. Prior experience using Agile/Scrum framework with enterprise-level software development projects
1. BA/BS or equivalent; MA/MS always a plus
2. CSM, of course. Additional training/certification in managing large Agile projects desired
3. Solid interpersonal skills enabling mentoring, coaching, collaborating and team building (ie: being an awesome Scrum Master)
4. Strong planning/organizational skills, ability to address competing demantds
5. Demonstrated ability to drive software projects at the team level and ensure promises are kept
6. Good understanding and practical working knowledge of appropriate tools:
a. Agile PM tools such as JIRA, Rally, VersionOne, etc
b. MS Project, Visio and the plethora of MS Office Tools
7. Great oral and written communication skills and some level of experience interacting with non-IT individuals as normal part of project
8. Flexible with ability to solve problems creatively to achieve results
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.
**Critical Hiring Criteria:**
Administrative Services & Operations
400 - SECURITY
US - Kansas - Overland Park