What you’ll be doing...
Verizon is looking for a Software Development Program Manager for their San Jose, CA office. This person will be part of a dynamic team at Verizon and will have a critical role leading Software Development projects.
As an ideal candidate, you will be energetic and enthusiastic about working in a fast paced environment within an innovative technology group. Bringing your software development background and Scrum experience, you have a track record of helping people from different organizations work together to form positive outcomes.
This position reports to the Manager of Program Management and is located in San Jose, CA
- 5+ years in software Program or Project Management
- 3-5 years of software development experience
- Experience with IoT or Cloud software is a plus
- Knowledge of firmware and embedded systems is highly desired
- Experience with API development and distributed systems
- Experience leading Scrum planning
- Program Management experience at a technology-based company
- Experience creating project plans, release schedules, and bug tracking is a must
- Experience running Gate reviews and knowledge of software capitalization is a huge plus
- A history of being a cohesive team player, using good negotiation skills to build bridges across different functional groups using an objective, customer-focused mindset
- Experience communicating at the executive level, giving clear, concise recommendations for solutions
- Ability to operate effectively in a highly entrepreneurial start-up environment
- Background creating graphical or user interfaces, and/or application software development experience is a plus
- A blend of team level Agile practices using Scrum/Kanban as well as enterprise level PMP practices for large programs is a must
- PMP certification is a plus
- Collaborative, team-oriented attitude
- Experience managing external development team deliveries is helpful
What we’re looking for...
- Lead developers and test engineers to enable sprint planning (develop tasks, integration and sprint planning)
- Day-to-Day Sprint tracking – Meet with developers to determine progress, gaps, and improvement suggestions
- Release Readiness: Lead cross-functional team in broader release planning (documentation, field upgrade planning, alpha, beta sprints, etc.)
- Track release metrics & drive improvements / closure
- Escalate release issues to Engineering leadership (ie., delayed sprint content, bug backlog metrics, feature gaps, resource needs)
- Communication of status to executive team
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.