Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
We are looking for an experienced Program Manager to join the Global Human Resources organization at State Street. You will provide strategic guidance and oversight to global teams and leadership on cross function programs that will impact the future state of our organization.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic leader and will have experience in consulting with senior leaders as well as managing staff of different disciplines to produce results in a timely manner. They will also be able to develop efficient strategies and tactics.
The goal is to ensure that all programs deliver the desirable outcome to our organization.
- Oversee the planning, execution, and tracking of assigned GHR initiatives along with the enthusiastic stewardship of business governance processes, tools, techniques, training
- Support the development and evolution of a framework and set of tools, techniques, practices, and standards that scale from a strategic business initiative to a departmental project accommodating the various levels of scope and complexity
- Create and maintain all documents contained in the program management plan, including issues / risks log and program change requests to manage program-level scope, schedule and budget
- Help develop strategic and operational plans including goals, objectives, KPIs (metrics) to guide a team, project, or department in the organization
- Establish and manage key stakeholder relationships to ensure that key decision makers are involved in the appropriate aspects of the program and to the appropriate degree
- Develop and control deadlines, budgets and activities
- Apply change, risk and resource management
- Support the technology/vendor selection process when applicable for a project
- Assess program performance and aim to maximize ROI
- People manage a global staff of multiple skill sets and levels
- Proven experience as a Program Manager with 7+ years of experience
- Proven ability to effectively manage time and balance priorities across simultaneous assignments
- Ability to understand internal and external clients' needs and deliver results under tight deadlines
- Flexibility in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency
- Ability to assess priority, urgency/risk, and make clear decisions in the best interests of the organization
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to creatively improve operations in an organization
- Self-starter with a desire to overcome obstacles and deliver
- Proven analytical skills to interpret business and functional requirements
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Excellent knowledge of performance evaluation and change management principles
- BS/BA degree in management or a relevant field; MBA is a plus
Job Opening ID
Boston - MA - USA
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.