The Xbox Flight Team is looking for a talented program manager who will work closely with the Xbox Engineering team in flighting system update builds to our preview customers and delivering actionable feedback on a daily basis. The Xbox Insider Hub, services, tools, and processes connect Xbox customers with our engineering and studios teams. We flight builds daily both internally and externally enabling customers to have early access to new features and report problems & issues prior to releasing updates to all consoles. Additionally, we work closely with game studios to flight early versions of games to private rings and public rings so that they can test game play early-on and also test service scalability as they get closer to their launch dates. By joining this great team, you will help us manage and grow our Xbox Insider program to provide engaging new ways for Xbox users to provide feedback and ensure the Xbox console experiences and Xbox Live enabled games are world class.
- You will work with a broad team of internal and external partners including the Xbox platform and Xbox app teams, game studios, and various teams in WDG
- You will engage directly with our loyal fans & customers
- You will help in defining the technical direction of the team
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure Xbox Engineering teams (Xbox console, Xbox app, etc.) have easy access to customer feedback from our Xbox Insider community
- Do what it takes to ensure new features and changes to existing features meet our Xbox Insiders quality expectations across all supported platforms and in all geographies - Manage and aggregate feedback from our Xbox Preview Forums to provide additional context to the problems / bugs submitted through the Xbox Insider Report-a-Problem process
- Define and manage processes and deliverables (e.g. Xbox Flighting Heatmaps) for Xbox Insider bug reporting systems and communications with the goal of providing a 7/24 self-service solution for Team Xbox
- 2+ years of program/product management experience or equivalent, including delivering end-to-end features that span user experience design, client software development and interacting with back-end services
- Strong analytical skills, deep knowledge of Microsoft Excel, SQL, PowerBI and other data visualization and reporting tools,
- Can break down end-to-end experiences into features and detailed requirements (design and technical), work through risks and challenges in the plan
- Outstanding communication skills and proven track record for working across teams
- Technical depth to translate desired features into functional components, and work with developers and testers to prioritize, schedule and ship those features
- Familiarity with both service and client technical architectures
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.