Program Mgmt Sr. Consultant
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: January 08, 2017
Reference ID: 1700004L
Product Group Program Manager – Data Center Solutions (DCS)
Dell Product Group
This position is located in the Seattle, Washington area.
Data Center Solutions Program Manager located at customer site. Responsible for working directly with DCS customers, Dell account teams, and Dell Customer Solution Teams. This individual will be the primary customer contact for supply chain management activities and new product introduction activities. They will be responsible for understanding the customer’s supply chain requirements and for driving those requirements through the appropriate Dell supply chain organizations. This includes early engagement on product definition, pricing and proposals, supply chain planning/management, forecast management, and issue resolution. Requires several years of experience managing cross functional teams and managing across complex global supply chains.
- Create and review business cases, provide feedback and make recommendation to staff and GM.
- Lead the supply chain activities within the CST to create competitive business proposals and drive to win and execute business.
- Manage team approval for Customer Requirements Documents and approve the document for the CST.
- Reviews and approves all CST Strategic Account reviews.
- Review and approve all Marketing Requirements documents as a CST Member.
- Receive and act upon escalations from Program Managers and other team members.
- Establish and lead CST supply chain team meetings, drive and track team participation, set agendas, document
and distribute meeting minutes, assign and track action items, drive timely issue resolution, manage risks, record
documentation in tools and provide executive management program updates and develop program reviews as required.
- Establish an effective master schedule commensurate with the scope of your programs. Ensure end of life
transitions are adequately planned to minimize excess and obsolescence and avoid gap out. Incorporate lessons learned into your programs and capture lessons learned from your programs in each phase in the lessons learned database.
- Meet with your manager regularly to review the business factors associated with your programs focusing on
competitive environment, product features, positioning in the portfolio & in the market, financials, supply/demand
environment, quality, schedule and program risks.
- Lead or participate in at least one process improvement as assigned to help drive DCS process improvement.
If appropriate, set-up and manage process improvements under the BPI framework. Share the results of the process
improvement with peers.
- At all times, maintain and effectively communicate the Plan of Record (POR) and current status for the assigned
programs. Maintain positive working relationships with peers, managers, Directors and VPs/GMs. Develop relationships with all applicable offshore development teams. Support regional queries and develop processes where beneficial.
- Coach core team and extended team members when possible. Foster effective communications.
Skills needed/preferred for this role:
- Complex global supply chain management
- Account management skills
- Ability to present clear and concise information to team, internal customers, executives and external customers.
- Ability to communicate clearly through oral and written communications.
- Organizing and planning skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong initiative and ability to work in a self-directed environment.
- Priority setting skill.
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment.
- Skilled in MS Office products and MS Project software.
- Prefer systems level understanding of enterprise computing technology and solutions.
- Prefer hands on experience working with OEM/ODM suppliers to deliver solutions.
- Facilitation skills to lead meetings.
- Ability to lead extended teams and meet deadlines.
- Experience in program management including planning and senior management interface.
- Ability to build effective teams.
- Ability to manage daily workflow as required to meet departmental and customer requirements.
- Demonstrate attentiveness to quality and productivity.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
· Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
· When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
· Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
· We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
· Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
**Job:** **Engineering - Program Management*
**Organization:** **Commercial Sales and Enterprise Solutions*
**Title:** *Program Mgmt Sr. Consultant*
**Requisition ID:** *1700004L*