Sr. Manager, Program Management
Oracle Public Cloud Seattle, WA
Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure team is building new Infrastructure-as-a-Service technologies that operate at high scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment. Our customers run their businesses on our cloud, and our mission is to provide them with best-in-class compute, storage, networking, database, security, and an ever-expanding set of foundational cloud services. These are exciting times in our space - we are growing fast, still at an early stage, and working on ambitious new initiatives. At Oracle, you can have a significant impact on strategic and technical direction.
We seek a seasoned candidate with deep cloud infrastructure knowledge to build our global field and customer training program from the ground up, including:
- * Gathering field and customer training requirements
- * Developing a strategy for delivering training to meet immediate needs, as well as at scale
- * Building and maintaining the technical infrastructure needed to support training delivery
- * Hiring, supervising, and mentoring a team of curriculum developers and instructors
- * Overseeing the delivery of training globally - travel required
- * Monitoring course delivery quality and building a culture of continuous improvement
- * 7 - 10 years experience building and supervising a training program within a high-growth, customer-focused global enterprise
- * Demonstrated success in a startup environment where you are required to think quickly, make sound decisions, and adapt to changing priorities
- * Strong team player with outstanding communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- * Deep knowledge of cloud infrastructure concepts and technologies
- * Deep knowledge of leading-edge training platforms and technologies
- * Exceptional written English, presentation, and facilitation skills
- * Experience working within an established technical content strategy, and adopting content quality governance
- * A history of fearless hands-on product use and an uncompromising customer advocate mentality
- * Experience leading geographically distributed teams
Manage people for product development programs or projects focused on the delivery of a product through the design process, and into a finished state for external customers.
Manage people for product development programs or projects involving department or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of a product or computer-based system through the design process, and into a finished state for external customers. Plan and direct resource schedules as well as project budgets. Monitor the product/program/project from initiation through delivery, interfacing with customer on technical matters. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the product/program/project on schedule and within budget constraints. Assign and monitor work of systems analysis and program staff, providing technical support and direction. Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Manages and controls activities in multi-functional areas of sections. Ensures appropriate operational planning is effectively executed to meet Corporate specifications. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development and product management. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically four years of project management, product design or related experience needed.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.