Program Release Manager Continuous Integration Preferred Qualifications
The Engagement Cloud Program Management team oversees release planning and organizational process and programs for our Cloud-based SaaS products. Program Release Managers play a key role in our organization coordinating release deliverables across our entire product organization driving strategic product goals across 25 agile scrum teams consisting of team members from Product Management, Development, and QA. Our scope spans Investment planning, Release planning, Project and Feature definition, Agile Development, and QA execution, and Continuous Integration and delivery of products and features as part of the Oracle Fusion Application fleet of products.
The Program Management team is the primary Point of Contact representing the Engagement Cloud product organization to the larger CRM product family and Fusion Applications Central Program Management teams. A key responsibility of this role is to ensure that our team and projects are aligned with the overall CRM and Fusion Apps release plan and goals. We also provide input, best practices, and work with the central teams to improve programs.
Within our product organization, the Program Management team owns the overall release process for the Engagement Cloud product to ensure consistent structure and delivery across the organization driving issues to resolution that are impeding achievement of deliverables. This includes conducting on-going retrospectives to continuously improve our processes. Program Management provides consolidated organizational status to Executive management, raises key issues, and manages risk mitigation. This function also develops and monitors key metrics and tracks progress of the team and projects against well defined criteria.
Program Release managers must have 10 years experience and skills in project or program management. Working in a large development organization, experience with releasing products multiple times as part of a product life cycle, knowledge and experience with Agile methodology and a good understanding of development source control and branching is highly desirable along with a good conceptual understanding of SaaS/PaaS applications, including underlying technology such as Database and Middleware.
General professional skills include:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to think strategically and make effective decisions based on strategic direction for both short and long term goals
- Ability to work effectively with large teams spread across geographies in a dynamic, fast paced, and challenging environment.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and releases concurrently.
- High energy level and passion for technology, problem solving, and continuous improvement.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science / Engineering.
Job Responsibilities: Release Management for Continuous Integration
- Lead Point of Contact to work with CRM Product Family and Fusion Apps central team to develop a release plan to deliver Engagement Cloud features to a release vehicle under the continuous integration model
- Develop overall strategy, structure, and process to manage release vehicles and completed Engagement Cloud features through all phases to maximize and successfully deliver features in every quarterly release
- Negotiate, develop, and manage a branching plan with our product team, CRM Family, & Fusion Apps central teams to promote continuous release of features and progress of long term development projects simultaneously
- Negotiate, build, maintain, & publish/communicate monthly Continuous Integration calendar for the team & CRM Family
- Conduct retrospective on process issues; promote continuous process improvement
- Drive continuous integration plan and delivery of features across all the branches on schedule:
- Execution of key continuous integration milestones: critical labels builds, deployment, pre-flights, regression tests, triage and analysis
- Bug tracking, analysis, fix delivery
- Drive resolution of issues that prevent on-schedule release
- Report Continuous Integration Milestone status and risks at exec and release levels
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products. Plan and direct schedules and monitor budget/spending. Monitor the project from initiation through delivery. Organize the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints. Assign and monitor work of systems analysis and program staff, providing technical support and direction.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Seven years of project management, product design or related experience preferred.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.