Company: Sysco Lincoln
Zip Code: 68521
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
- Review and distribute incoming mail, email and fax correspondence to appropriate personnel.
- Follow up on customer requests.
- Coordinate and communicate activities between different departments to ensure efficient service to the customer and Contract Compliance.
- Perform tracking of sales and vendor data from Data Processing for Account Executives and reporting purposes.
- Maintain, update and distribute customer sales reports, vendor reports and monthly pricing.
- Dispense corporate data as needed.
- Develop and maintain procedures and files for order guide, customer correspondence files, etc.
- Compose correspondence in a variety of formats from verbal instructions and/or written notes and/or drafts.
- Learn contractual pricing form various accounts and be able to add and remove items from the bid and/or price rule.
- Establish, maintain and assist with order guides and bid pricing.
- Set up and monitor customer pricing contracts and rebates and update as necessary.
- Perform all duties in accordance with accepted current standards and will perform other duties as deemed necessary by supervisors and managers to meet departmental and Company objectives.
- Build a strong relationship of trust with customers.
- Write up vendor agreements for program and street sales.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent
- Some college business courses or at least one year of experience in the food service industry, a customer service background, and/or sales experience
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Word and Excel programs
- Sound judgment
- Excellent clerical ability and PC experience
- Accurate ten-key, PC experience, basic math and typing skills
- Data entry experience
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to bend and lift up to 35 lbs. will be required
- Ability to tactfully interact with coworkers, customers and vendors
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously and in a timely manner
- Work well under pressure
- Demonstrate ability to interact professionally with all levels of personnel
- Ability to interact with Program Account customer requests and problem solve
- Work independently as well as with others
- Ability to write effectively and legibly, and perform filing and other clerical tasks
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.