Responsible for the management of retail roll out projects or programs for assigned Region or business. Responsibilities will include developing teams, identifying risks and issues, and reporting on status to department leadership and other stakeholders. Role will be responsible for all aspects of designated projects or programs, including control of scope, end to end schedule and budget. Also responsible for directing actions of external consultants conducting support of programs at the store level.
- Leads either multi-location store retail projects or programs, such as fixture installations, content additions, and site upgrades - or - leads similarly scoped systems and software related projects. Understands implications of choices and is able to guide clients to the best solution for their situation.
- Manages communications to ensure all key stakeholders are kept connected to project or program status, issues, risks and program needs.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions and strategies. Defines ways to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships. Is the key person responsible for communication on project or program health to owners.
- Coordinates internal and external stakeholders project or program plan including its development, execution, quality control, and lessons learned activities. Reviews high-level deliverables across program/project management function and ensures project work plans are appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Hires and manages external general contractors and fixture installation vendors. Develops, implements, and maintains sound project administration practices/procedures to minimize customer and business impact during work. Maintains safe and high quality construction practices and looks for and implements continuous improvement practices for future projects or programs.
- Manages project or program budgets and financials. Ensures resources/budgets are available to meet stakeholder needs for planned projects and holds team members accountable for individual team budgets. Delivers project or project close outs in a timely fashion.
- Ensures exposure to risk is minimized on all projects or programs. Leads the program team to effectively manage changes with the execution team.
- Develops, implements, reviews, oversees and ensures methodology and project standards.
- Ensures project managers are utilizing communication tools, such as online project management, to keep stakeholders up to date, and provide visibility to program health. Assist in the development of tracking tools necessary to meet the changing needs of the programs.
- Directs the activities of internal and external project managers executing programs in the field.
- Oversees multiple external consultants working on client engagements within area. Ensures team members are well informed, at all times, of changes and news worthy events within company. Effectively communicates relevant practice information to superiors. Handles difficult personnel situations directly, using appropriate discretion, HR advice, and respect for the individual.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 5 years of program, project and/or implementation management experience OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 8 years program, project and/or implementation management experience.
- At least 3 years of experience directing delivery of projects and/or programs.
- At least 3 years of experience presenting and reporting on project and/or program plans to appropriate stakeholders, executives and senior management.
- At least 3 years of experience applying project management methodologies and practices, including developing a project plan, including charter, scope, project management approach and management plans, such as the statement of work, cost estimates, schedule, etc.
- At least 3 years of experience working on cross-functional teams and indirectly managing teams across business units.
- At least 3 years of experience communicating across multiple functional areas and with external consultants.
- At least 3 years of experience utilizing project management software and other standard project management scheduling tools, such as Microsoft Project or Projectmates.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at various levels of the organization, such as peers, internal/external stakeholders, business partners, senior level managers.
- Experience resolving conflicts within a team as issues arise.
- At least 2 years of experience managing program expense and capital costs to a budget.
- At least 2 years of experience managing teams in a matrixed environment, managing external resources, and/or developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Willing to travel at least 20% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master's Degree or an MBA.
- Experience managing programs in a corporation with sales of <$ 5bil.
- Certification as a Project Manager as granted by PMI.
- At least 4 years of experience directly managing or managing people via a matrix organization, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.