Program/Project Manager Job Summary:
The IT Program/Project Manager position is accountable for understanding, planning, executing, and supporting one or more projects or programs. The IT Program/Project Manager is responsible for ensuring the work in the program/project is clearly defined, estimated and resourced efficiently. This role will also participate in maturing the IT PMO standards and best practices.
- Effectively manage projects using project management methodologies and best practices.
- Provide steady leadership in the face of uncertainty, change, and aggressive deadlines common to a rapidly growing company with an evolving business model.
- Develop resourcing strategies in conjunction with the Portfolio Director and Resource Managers, to ensure optimum support for projects
- Responsible for managing and reporting on the project budget(s), and change requests.
- Ensure that the scope of the projects within the program align with business goals and objectives and are executed in order of business priorities
- Ensures project objectives are in alignment with the project vision
- Promote collaboration and coordination across broad categories of stakeholders
- Lead cross-functional meetings and foster teamwork; drive escalation and resolution of issues
- Address escalated resourcing issues with program manager and resource manager, as needed
- Provide expertise in planning, execution, and leadership of projects
- Provide program/project reporting and status to senior management
- Responsible for delivery of program and project objectives and specified success criteria as defined in the program/project charter.
- Translates the vision of program into executable projects that are both feasible and shaped for success
- Shepard’s program and project requests through the necessary governing bodies for budgetary or stage gate approvals
- Maintain excellent relationships with all levels of the matrix organization
- Responsible for on-time, on-budget and within scope execution of, projects and programs. Provides project management over-sight ensuring project execution is meeting the intended vision, scope and budget.
- Collaborates with resource managers to resolve issues where resources are not adequately providing the intended role for work, program and project execution.
- Uses strategic/systems thinking competencies to help project teams understand connections and relationships for planning and managing within a program or project.
- Collaborates with the Portfolio Director and Director of Program and project management to establish standard methods where beneficial for, program/project management, risk management, communications, and reporting.
- Collaborates with all other PMO Portfolio Directors or Program Managers to gain a high level understanding of all work, programs and projects currently being executed or in queue for execution to determine synergies, interdependencies and dependencies.
- Assists with issue resolution, and roadblock removal.
- Ensures proper risk management is being executed at the program and project levels and that the risk strategy is being clearly communicated. Ensures program/project objectives are met and aligned with PMO operational and solution development lifecycle processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or computer related discipline), Accounting, or Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Microsoft project or similar project management software
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS TO JOB
- Demonstrated ability to leverage strong communication skills to lead a department, function or group of individuals
- Proven experience in developing and implementing effective program/project management policies & procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to attract, lead, motivate, and retain a team.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- 8+ years IT project and/or program management experience
- 5 years of progressive leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage a group of employees within a department or function
- Demonstrated ability to support, effect, and implement change
- Demonstrated ability to impact and influence a diverse population
- Demonstrated ability to manage in a high matrix organization
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- PMI Certification and/or strong knowledge of Project Management Body of Knowledge
- Microsoft PPM
- Experience in managing technology for an audit, tax, or financial practice
A little about us:
The leading provider of audit, tax & consulting services focused on the middle market.