Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
At PayPal Marketing, we have built an internal shared services team to help plan, execute, measure, optimize, and report digital campaigns for a variety of marketing stakeholders across the business. The Programmatic Associate Manager role will collaborate with Display, Paid Social, and Paid Search channel leads in an ongoing endeavor to increase the health of digital programs by supporting data & analytics, and uncovering proactive insights for digital campaigns. The Paid Channel Optimization (PCO) team works with a team of digital channel strategy leads (CDI), which in turn support the marketing needs of stakeholders across all LOB. This role will report to the Display Manager of Paid Channel Optimization.
The ideal candidate for this role will have several years agency-side experience in supporting the data-driven optimization and analysis of paid media along with a strong knowledge of today's digital ecosystem. He/she must demonstrate an expert-level understanding of digital data tracking, spanning site-side and ad-side (tag management, conversion/event tagging, ad tagging, etc.). This candidate must have a compassion for data-driven analysis and insights, and an affinity for the proactive discovery, communication & visualization of those insights. He/she must be adept in data querying/programming language.Job Responsibilities
- Experience managing self-service DSP campaigns with a unique ability to relay overarching display and marketing strategies into bid strategy and optimization execution.
- Responsible for managing day to day optimization, campaign management and execution responsibilities of the Programmatic Analyst, as they relate to paid display channels.
- Ability to articulate programmatic media's role within larger display and digital marketing ecosystem.
- Proven record of streamlining campaign management and optimization processes within DSPs (display, native, social, video, mobile) as well as additional, supporting programmatic technologies (ad verification, data onboarders, etc.)
- Expert in the programmatic field and industry - well versed in today's programmatic and biddable media tools and technologies. Hands on experience managing campaigns within platform and ability to continually evaluate programmatic ad tech.
- Deep knowledge of audience segmentation, 1st, 2nd and 3rd party data sources; can translate audience segments into targetable audience attributes within display and programmatic.
- Supports media analyst, Display Manager and Senior Display Manager in direct-platform detailed analysis and reporting, including but not limited to site transparency reports, inventory availability reports, viewability, ad verification, clearing CPM reports
- Partners closely with marketing analytics teams to answer marketing question as they relate to performance of digital media.
- 4-6 years digital marketing experience - managing direct reports and medium-to-large, cross-functional teams.
- 4+ years directly managing paid media buys, including targeting, campaign optimization and measurement. Agency experience is a plus.
- 4+ years hands-on experience with DSP/DMP platforms required
- Expert level and proven knowledge with Doubleclick Campaign Manager, Doubleclick Bid Manager, and Google Analytics
- An affinity for developing strong data visuals, and the proven ability to develop slides that effective communicate the story to any level of business
- Demonstrated understanding of database systems/platforms, data taxonomy, data transfer; Database marketing, email/CRM experience a plus
- Bachelor Degree required, MBA/MS preferred.
- Understanding of the financial services, financial tech, and payments industry / ecosystem a plus
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.