Robert Half Technology has partnered with a local client in search of a PLC support Engineer. This person will be responsible for supporting PLC programs, server based programs and hardware for material handling equipment that has previously been installed. Understand equipment requirements, business and customer requirements that drive the design of the technical solutions so as to support the customer efficiently. Participate in all phases of customer service support group to insure proper response in a timely manner is provided to the customer for analysis of hardware related and software related issues. Work with customers to perform minor system modification to enhance system performance or modify operations.
Coordinate with engineering personnel any major modifications required to support previously installed systems. Be the customer's voice within the organization to insure customer's needs are met by conveying customer requirements to engineering and management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Take customer requests for support during and after normal business hours
• Modify PLC Programs to support equipment operations
• Ability to support software and database applications
• Interface with customers to determine issues
• Interface with internal engineering/project management to determine system requirements
• Customer interface to relationship management
• Trouble shoot electrical, controls and software related issues
• Understanding of basic MHE server based software principles
• Work with customers to identify issues and solutions
• Enter and maintain requests on ManageEngine Support Center+
• Work with engineers to come up with solutions and follow up on open requests
• Use multiple VPN clients and remote desktop to access customers systems remotely
• Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and Windows Server administration
• Support system post installation for customer service
• Up to 10% travel is required
Education and/or experience
• Bachelors degree from a four-year college or university in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in Material Handling industry or equivalent
• Equivalent combination of education and experience
Language skills – ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical skills – ability to calculate figures and amounts such as for the purpose of creating needs assessments, budgets, etc.
Reasoning ability – ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Other skills and abilities
• Understanding of electrical principles
• Understanding of motor control
• Debugging and problem resolution skills
• Understanding of control devices
• Basic mechanical skills
• Ladder Logic Programming
• VFD operation understanding
• Ability to integrate components via serial interfaces and Ethernet interfaces
• Proficient with PC desktop applications (MS Office)
For further details, please contact Ali Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or (513) 621-6890.
A little about us:
Founded in 1948, Robert Half (NYSE: RHI) is the world's first and largest specialized staffing services firm.