This open Programmer Analyst position from Robert Half Technology is for a Service company in need of someone with a grasp on software and applications programming and industry requirements who can establish and define systems scope and objectives. Through research and fact-finding, you will make recommendations for developing or modifying applications or databases. This is a full-time Programmer Analyst role based in Mason, Ohio. Apply today.
- Build and assess programming changes for every phase of systems development prior to implementation. Record test cases and expected results. Ensure results meet requirements. May develop basic tests or a defined subset of a larger system test. May make suggestions regarding acceptance/rejection if not all requirements are met
- Helps create communication content for certain system changes being implemented in production
- Builds and maintains dictionaries for applications and systems support by the analyst
- Analyzes user requests for systems changes or improvements. Documents functional requirements and assesses cost, feasibility and utility. Develops recommendation as to how, when or whether to proceed with making the changes
- Assists internal clients with applications, systems and/or processes for identifying and resolving, processing/reporting programming problems. Provides consultation that can include troubleshooting and/or education
- Assesses processing systems. Builds improvement recommendations
- Reviews and documents code problems, working with other programmers to correct them
- Trains and assists end users and other partner groups for a particular application, system or process, on an ongoing basis.