Robert Half Technology is looking for a programmer analyst who combines a real passion for formulating and defining systems scope and objectives with an understanding of software and applications programming and industry requirements. Through research and fact-finding, you'd make recommendations for developing or modifying applications or databases.
What you get to do every single day:
- Build and test programming changes for each phase of systems development prior to implementation. Writes test cases and expected results. Reviews results for conformance to requirements. May plan simple tests or a defined subset of a larger system test. May make recommendations for acceptance/rejection if requirements are not all met.
- Analyzes user requests for systems changes or improvements. Documents functional requirements and assesses cost, feasibility and utility. Develops recommendation as to how, when or whether to proceed with making the changes.
- Acts as the in-house guide on applications, systems and/or processes to internal clients in identifying and resolving, processing/reporting programming problems. Consultation can take the form of trouble shooting and/or education.
- Provides ongoing training and assistance for end users and other partner groups for a particular application, system or process.
- Analyses processing procedures. Develops recommendations for improvements.
- Builds and maintains dictionaries for applications and systems support by the analyst.
- Analyzes and documents issues. Works with other programmers to correct code problems.
- Assists in the developing communication content for specific system changes being implemented in production.
A little about us:
Founded in 1948, Robert Half (NYSE: RHI) is the world's first and largest specialized staffing services firm.