Location: Orlando, Florida
Posted: September 22, 2016
Reference ID: 160011WF
The Cloud Information Systems team is responsible for the delivery of automation and support systems for the Cloud organization. We focus on improving the efficiency of hosting operations and cloud-based business services.
We are looking for a smart, self-motivated, hardworking application engineer to join our Cloud Information Systems team. The candidate will be detail oriented and focused on ensuring that our CX request platform grows and scales to support future cloud offerings and provides critical and accurate operational information to key stakeholders to ensure a high quality of business service delivery.
• Working with members of the Cloud operational teams to gather requirements and design solutions to meet new business needs
• Developing new functionality using out of the box features of RightNow CX (e.g. Rules, Custom Fields, Object Designer)
• Implement customized event scripts in PHP for Process Designer
• Collaborating with Cloud Information Systems development team on CX integrations
• Developing key business and metrics reports using the CX Analytics engine
• Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of current CX technology trends and its applicability internally and to customers
• Managing the sprint planning activities for CX customization releases
• Candidate may be required to fulfill a project leadership role
• Excellent application management skills combined with pragmatic thinking and a can-do attitude
• Experience supporting a IT service management platform in a mission-critical 24x7 business environment a must
• Knowledge of Oracle RightNow CX Cloud Service is a must
• Scripting experience with PHP is a must
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to operate under pressure with an extreme attention to detail is required
• Experience working in a fast paced environment with short iterations using continuous integration while maintaining high quality deliverables
• Experience with relational databases including Oracle 11g/12c, MySQL & PL/SQL
• Experience working in teams of 2-5 engineers, ideally in a cross-functional team setting
• BS or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
• 3 years or more of professional application management/support experience
Work with Oracle*s world class technology to develop, implement, and support Oracle*s global infrastructure.
As a member of the IT organization, assist with the analyze of existing complex programs and formulate logic for new complex internal systems. Prepare flowcharting, perform coding, and test/debug programs. Develop conversion and system implementation plans. Recommend changes to development, maintenance, and system standards.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. BS or equivalent experience in programming on enterprise or department servers or systems.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.