McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Medical-Surgical provides medical-surgical supplies and equipment to physicians' offices, home care agencies, long-term care facilities and surgery centers. Our catalog includes more than 150,000 national brand products from bandages to exam tables, plus McKesson's own line of high-quality medical-surgical products. We're proud to be the only national distributor serving the entire continuum of healthcare.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Medical-Surgical you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Responsible for designing, developing, modifying, and evaluating programs for internal functional areas including finance, human resources, and marketing. Analyzes existing programs or formulates logic for new systems, devises logic procedures, prepares flowcharting, performs coding, and tests/debugs programs. Develops conversion and system implementation plans. Prepares and obtains approval of system and programming documentation. Recommends changes in development, maintenance, and system standards. Trains users in conversion and implementation of system.
- Develops programming solutions to complex projects/problems. Contribute across the entire development cycle (analysis, design, code, test, initial pilot/production launch, and production support) with the primary focus on analysis, design and coding of windows and web applications. Develops strong SOA/Web Services solutions to the more complex projects/problems. Develops challenging windows & web application security modules (Authentication, Authorization, SSL encryption).
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods/techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
- Serve as a team lead and mentor when assigned, providing guidance and oversight to the work done by less experienced .Net staff. Provide programming assignments and issue resolution tasks to lesser experienced team members, as well as third party resources when engaged. Collaborate with other software engineers and infrastructure teams during implementation and deployment process.
- Create technical methodologies/documents for engineering solutions to the windows and web based projects/problems. Gather feedback from design and technical staff on the windows and web site development when it is needed. Make suggestions on creating windows and web based technical standards.
- Create prototypes and functional specifications for windows and web development projects. Develops test strategy, executes unit and systems test plans, verifying and documenting the results. Analyzes programming issues and determines the most efficient and economical programming solutions. Assists with defining system functionality based on proposed processes and data requirements including data attributes.
- Provide Level 3 production support for the applications and services built in our environment adhering to defined SLAs. Provide off hours support in a weekly rotation with other .Net engineers.
Candidates within 75 miles of the Farmington, CT, Jacksonville, FL or Richmond, VA office must report into the office daily. Remote candidates may be considered in the North East but must live more than 75 miles from the Farmington office (one way) to be able to work remotely and will be required to drive into the office on occasion for special meetings or emergencies. No company paid air fare will be provided.
Benefits & Company Statement
- 6+ years experience in programming on enterprise or department servers or systems
- 6 years experience architecting .NET application which includes developing custom frameworks to aid developers eases their tasks. Frameworks include security mechanism, logging, caching.
- 6+ years mentoring and advising .NET programmers.
- 6+ years C# experience
- 5+ years Relational Database experience
- Strong understanding of WCF, WPF design patterns and ability to research and apply newer .NET technology to large scale systems.
- Ability to set up and configure .NET/LDAP and other infrastructures.
- Strong ability to diagnose architecture issues such as performance issues, memory leaks and security issues
- Experience working on a medium to large project(s) involving processes and procedures
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership and team-building abilities
- Creativity, self-confidence, and flexibility
- TFS 2010
- SQL Server 2005/2008
- Build process development using CruiseControl or TFS or Atlassian
- Collaborative, customer-focused and able to create visible value
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Microsoft Certification on .NET Technology such as MCPD
- 4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.Agency Statement
No agencies please.