This opening is with Arconic, a division of Arconic Power and Propulsion - a world leader in the investment casting of superalloys, aluminum and titanium primarily for jet aircraft and industrial gas turbine markets. For more information on Arconic, visit us online at www.arconic.com.
This position will work in our Specialty Businesses on the Whitehall Campus. The principal challenge of the role is to analyze business process needs, and design / develop information solutions in support of the plant and business unit. These projects will require advanced technical knowledge with some background in areas such as manufacturing, engineering, maintenance, supply chain, quality, and process control. This also includes knowledge of reporting tool sets. Provides technical leadership, guidance, and mentoring to less experienced teammates. Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, data processing from an accredited institution.
- Previous internship or co-op experience in a manufacturing or lab environment.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status.
- Ability to identify, quantify, and develop key metrics from manufacturing activity and interpret those into financial impact
- Experience in use of query languages in support of integrated business applications (i.e. RPG and STRQRY for iSeries, Microsoft SQL, .net, C#, WinForm)
- Ability to communicate clearly in both verbal and written form
- Strong interpersonal skills; a self-starter with advanced computer skills; excellent analytical skills
- Ability to provide 24x7 support for applications in support of the manufacturing process.
- Depending on qualifications and experience, this position may be filled as job band 25.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.