Analyzes requirements to develop and maintain AS/400 computer programs by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Consults with internal and external customers to gather information about program needs, objectives, functions, features, and input and output requirements.
• Analyzes, defines, and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
• Writes and maintains technical specifications.
• Analyzes and estimates feasibility, costs, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs as required.
• Develops and maintains plans outlining steps and time tables for developing programs.
• Researches and evaluates software and hardware to assist in programming or to use as program platforms.
• Designs and codes screen layouts, graphical user interfaces, printed outputs, and interfaces with other systems.
• Converts designs and specifications into computer code.
• Compiles code into programs and corrects errors detected in compile process.
• Creates test transactions and runs tests to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications.
• Analyzes code to find causes of errors and revises programs.
Consults with internal and external customers to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs.
Writes and maintains documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
Writes documentation or reviews documentation written by others that describes installation and operating procedures.
Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems, or questions about programs.
Trains end users or technical support staff to use programs.
Installs and tests programs at internal and external customer site.
Monitors performance of programs after implementation.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and two to four years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Required AS/400 of RPG IV ILE, SQL. Required knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word using MS Windows platform. MAC-PAC, MS PowerPoint and MS Access experience a plus.
Less than 10% required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Regular attendance is an essential job requirement. Ability to work as part of a team, including all related departments/plants or independently as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.