Activision is looking for a summer 2018 student intern with a background in graphics to join a high impact R&D effort from our new Seattle-area offices. You will not only get the opportunity to directly impact our next generation of game titles, you can also help develop cutting-edge technologies for the future. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in computer graphics, with an emphasis on practical areas that are applicable to cutting edge video games. The applicant should have experience writing and debugging code in C/C and communicating technical ideas.
Activision favors contributors who thrive in a dynamic environment where priorities shift quickly. The candidate must be a strong analytical thinker who can balance design and operational excellence against new feature development, respond gracefully to changing requirements, and drive a high level of focus with other strong engineers.Basic Qualifications:
- A strong background in computer graphics, with an emphasis on practical areas that are relevant to games
- Strong problem-solving skills even with ambiguous problem definition
- Analytical decision making: tracking metrics to guide engineering trade-offs
- Strong technical communication skills, both verbal and written (architecture documents and wiki)
- Experience implementing/reading/writing technical graphics publications, particularly in areas that are relevant to push the state of the art in video games
- Working knowledge of modern GPU architectures
This position is in Seattle, WA.
Interested candidates, please send code samples along with resume and cover letter.
A little about us:
We are lucky to work in a business where imagination, creativity, and play aren't only encouraged, they're required.