St. Mark's Hospital provides a full array of services to the surrounding community, including the following service lines: cardiac, nicu, orthopedics, behavioral health, skilled nursing, acute rehab, as well as many others. St. Mark's is the oldest running hospital in Utah with rich traditions and a reputation for excellent patient care and quality outcomes. St. Mark's Hospital is nestled at the foot of the Wasatch Mountains and only a stones's throw away from many national parks, including Moab, Zion, Canyonlands, etc. Registered Nurse Progressive Care Unit:
St. Mark's Hospital Progressive Care Unit - Home of the Greatest Staff on Earth. The Progressive Care Unit - or PCU, is a 34 bed unit specializing in Cardiac Care and other Intermediate (step-down unit) type care. Our staff takes pride in our unit and lives the motto "Excellent Patient Care through Outstanding Teamwork" every day. Each of our nurses are ACLS certified, NIH stroke Scale Certified, Advanced Cardiac Rhythm Recognition certified, and many have other PCU specific specialty certifications. Our staff is known for providing the most individualized, exceptional, quality care possible. We work in a fast-paced but noticeably friendly area, where fantastic staff is the key to our success.
Under the general direction of the Department/Clinical Manager, independently provides holistic, individualized care using the nursing process for patients routinely seen on the unit. Demonstrates clinical competency, nursing judgment, teaching skills, and a commitment to improving the quality of patient care. Independently performs general and unit-specific clinical skills. Contributes to the St. Mark's Hospital Department of Nursing and the nursing profession in a positive manner.
- Demonstrates clinical competence related to the current RN Level.
- Assessment of Patients: Systematically and continually assesses the health and status of the patient assuring the application of age specific standards.
- Care of the Patient: In collaboration with the patient/family, with regard to developmental, cultural and age specific differences, develops and implements patient care plans to include problems, goals, evaluations and interventions.
- Control of infection: Follows established policies and procedures to identify and reduce the risks of acquiring or transmitting infection by use of personal protective measures.
- Mentors, supports, and assists staff and agency personel in completion of educational records, unit specific competencies, and provides timely and objective performance feedback to unit clinical educator and department manager.
Current licensure as a registered nurse in the state of Utah. Maintains current BLS certification, ACLS required within 6 months of hire. Completes a Basic Rhythm Interpretation class within 6 months of hire. BSN preferred. 6 months Med/Surg experience preferred.
Successfully completes general nursing and unit orientation. Effective communication skills; both oral and written. Computer skills needed. Ability to work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care. Good customer service skills.