Position provides customized and comprehensive statistical & analytical information for business decision-making in Pricing and Finance areas. The positions mission is to help business partners identify, investigate and provide analytical solutions to issues in Pricing practice and Finance forecasting in an effort to continuously improve yield, profit and accuracy of forecasting.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate the ability to learn quickly, work independently and handle multiple projects. Additionally, the candidate must be able to communicate the analytical results to business partners in a clear, concise and effective manner.
- Full cycle accountability for designing, gathering data, executing statistical and marketing analysis and modeling projects, as well as interpreting results, formulating recommendations and presenting to business partners.
- Monitoring and analyzing overall portfolio trends such as debit activities, balance growth, profitability, and payment rate. Feeding data and participating in P&L exercise for key marketing initiatives in Finance.
- Providing analytical support to business partners in LOB/Field Finance and Treasury in forecasting, modeling and ad hoc analyses.
- Performing monthly update and documentation for routine Pricing and Finance reports; developing and executing periodic enhancement of reporting upon business needs.
- In addition to project responsibilities, position acts as subject matter expert by providing advice to management, clients and business partners on the effective use of marketing data and analytical methodologies, particularly those related to account transaction, performance summary and time series data, as well as simulation and econometric modeling.
- A Masters degree in Statistics, Quantitative Finance, Econometrics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Sciences or related quantitative focus a must.
- 2+ years of experience of financial or statistical analysis.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision; demonstrated problem solving and solution design skills with detail orientation.
- Solid experience with SQL or other database query languages.
- Solid experience with SAS or similar statistical software packages in Unix and/or PC environments.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and project management skills a must.
- Experience in credit card or financial services industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of Pricing and CARD Act would be a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.