Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you'll find yourself in the company of some of the industry's smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Project Manager-Data Acquisition Job Description
This individual will act as the third party/vendor liaison/contact between Discover business units and third party vendors. The individual is expected to monitor and be up to date on the current trends and emerging technologies in the financial services and Fintech space and develop relationships with top vendors and transform them into strategic business partners. This role would be introducing the latest global technologies to Discover and work with internal business partners to ensure they are utilized in Discover's strategy planning for the future. Vendor Scoping and market intelligence are key functional areas for this role. The candidate will be representing Discover when dealing with vendors and appropriate level of communication and presentation is expected. The role will be supporting Card products and Advanced Analytics group along with other departments.
- Point of contact for interaction with third party vendors
- Vendor scoping and Market intelligence for current and emerging technologies
- Aligning available technologies and vendors with Discover goals and requirements
- Manage vendor onboarding and vendor monitoring processes per internal Discover processes
- End to End management of large scale third party interactions from vendor engagement to business deployment
- Oversee and execute the data acquisition and transfer processes for multiple data vendors
- Work with senior business management on vendor demonstrations and vendor comparisons
- Guide the vendor and Discover business through the interaction process ensuring all Discover guidelines are followed throughout the engagement
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Finance, Math or related field preferred.
- 2+ years of business experience and/or business project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to distill business requirements from high level business discussions
- Demonstrated ability to functionally guide cross-functional teams to work towards a common goal
- Ability to research, manage and justify projects based on available information and requirements
- Basis understanding of data concepts
- Working knowledge of relational databases and data transfer methodologies
- Prior experience in business model development, model governance, software implementations and deployments is a plus
Promote a risk-aware culture; ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.