Proj Mgr, Industrial Engineer (Job Number: 024773)
Anderson SC - 4361 HIGHWAY 24
4361 HIGHWAY 24
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Responsible for managing projects, interfacing with field management staff and for the installation of systems and equipment, work scheduling by equipment supplier, testing and monitoring equipment, and training of employees on systems. Job Responsibilities
- Manages on site review of system functionality and performance. Responsible for the installation of systems and equipment, testing and monitoring equipment and training employees on systems. Works with suppliers on developing schedules for installation, maintenance, etc.
- Manages development, implementation, and coordination of projects through scheduled reviews, financial analyses and design/status meetings. Executes the annual capital budget (with responsibility in the multimillion dollar range), including development of cost justifications.
- Coordinates with field management staff on project implementation and priorities. Responsible for coordinating cross divisionally to align and achieve project objectives.
- Meets with vendors as part of equipment procurement process and system design.
- Negotiates and reviews pending contracts.
- Identifies strategic opportunities / potential operational improvements for their site and potentially other sites. Reviews building and equipment design to ensure integration between different components and reduce last minute conflicts. Develops alternative solutions to eliminate conflicts and reduce costs. Capable of resolving urgent tactical needs / opportunities of the facility.
- Contributes to the facility management team through involvement in safety management action team, daily management planning meetings, maintenance scheduling, long term operational planning and staffing model.
- Develops facility designs and innovative solutions to increase efficiency and resolve operational problems.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering and at least 2 years of experience with Manufacturing, Pharmacy or Distribution material handling systems.
- Experience with work measurement, time studies and standard work (developing of a standard work process and implementation of that process).
- Knowledge of engineering and industry concepts and trends that will increase efficiency and resolve operational problems.
- At least 2 years logistics experience.
- Experience with distribution center productivity and quality improvement.
- Experience developing facility designs and material handing solutions.
- Experience running statistical analyses such as SPC (statistical process control).
- Knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma processes.
- Experience negotiating with outside vendors, including negotiating contracts, prices, resolving service issues and reconciling differences.
- Experience leading cross functional teams in project development and process improvements.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.