Proj Prog Mgmt Consultant
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: December 17, 2016
Reference ID: 160011FE
The*Project Consultant*will be responsible for project work related to the Technical Support organization. This role o versees project plans and directs schedules, as well as project budgets. Monitors programs/projects from initiation through delivery and interfacing with internal customers or department personnel. Organizes project activities and interdepartmental meetings; ensures communication facilitates completion of the program/project on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Develops complex solutions to business problems or customer engagements
through in-depth analysis, coordination and negotiation with key decision makers.
-Uses experience, innovation and judgment to make decisions that may be based
on partial information.
- Considers Dell-wide implications of decisions and recommendations.
- Adapts and integrates own experience with Dell-wide strategy.
- Analyzes and forecasts business and market trends.
- Develops innovative solutions to problems without precedent.
- Invents new products and processes to achieve strategic business objectives.
- Decisions are strategic in nature, have long-term consequence, and tend to relate
to business strategy, financial performance and effective resource utilization.
- Guided by business plans and strategy.
- Executes goals and strategy within area of responsibility.
- Contributes to strategic decisions affecting the discipline.
- Initiates new or revised departmental procedures, programs and initiatives.
- Assesses and determines priorities within area of expertise.
- Structures and implements changes within the context of established strategy.
- Plans implementation of major change efforts.
- Leads large scale, global programs that contribute to the corporation’s success.
- 10 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and
- Ability to lead large project teams.
- Ability to communicate clearly and present at the senior leadership levels.
- A strong background in technical support processes is a plus
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology. When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution. Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships. We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential. Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
/ Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: // Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. /
**Job:** **Support Services - Project Program Management*
**Title:** *Proj Prog Mgmt Consultant*
**Location:** *TX-Round Rock*
**Requisition ID:** *160011FE*