Proj Prog Mgmt Director
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: January 08, 2017
Reference ID: 170000AG
Welcome to the world’s largest startup - Dell! Three years after going private our company is thriving and bringing value to our customers through innovative new products and solutions in markets around the world. In fact, we just completed the largest technology acquisition in history and the combined companies are now referred to as Dell Technologies. We have exciting opportunities before us!
Reporting to the VP, Information Design and Development, the Content Operations Manager will shape the future of how technical content is used to create, support, and enhance a customer’s experience throughout their journey with Dell. We want to create and sustain lifetime customers and we aim to use content as one of the pillars for doing so. To do this you’ll employ content management systems, tools, processes, policies; structured information architecture principles, practices and policies; and generate a corporate-wide taxonomy strategy and drive company-wide adoption. You’ll work with marketing, engineering, support, experience design, customer experience, information technology, and other groups to learn deeply who our customers our so we can satisfy and delight them with an information experience second to none.
Information Design and Development is responsible for creating, producing, managing, and refreshing technical content for all of Dell’s products and solutions for our diverse, global customers. We make sure customers can easily find and use the right content, in the right forms, and in the right languages 24-hours per day. We do all of this so the content our customers use and access helps them have amazing experiences with our products and solutions along every part of their journey with Dell.
We are an international, enthusiastic, creative, and knowledgeable group who enjoy working in a fast-paced, culturally diverse environment. As part of our commitment to excellence, we continually re-invent and improve our customer knowledge, our processes, and our technology to deliver an information experience second to none for our customers.
Deliver an ecosystem of tools, processes, standards, and infrastructure that supports modern, high-quality, efficient content authoring, content management, multi-format content publishing, and omni-channel content distribution for the purpose of providing an awesome information experience for the company’s global customers. To do this, you will:
* Define the policies, organizational structure, processes, and systems required to manage our content operations.
* Hire, manage, direct, and inspire a team of information architects, project managers, software developers and others – including vendor and IT partners – to deliver value from the Content Operations team with our organization and across the company.
* Champion the customer through all our customer journeys, identifying their needs and expectations for technical information and helping to design an experience that generates ongoing loyalty.
* Work with key stakeholders to define the optimal user experience for finding and consuming technical information. Use research, insight and business information to generate initiatives and proposals that will elevate our technical content experience from good to awesome; drive acceptance and implementation of those proposals; use data to measure the change.
* Partner with cross-functional teams to develop criteria and behavior based personalized information experiences. Partner with colleagues to promote and deliver product content experiences that are competitive differentiators.
* Constantly review and measure our customers’ technical content experience along the customer journey and assess our effectiveness in delivering to defined standards. Identify content experience improvements required and develop plans to get those improvements supported, approved, and instituted.
* Support technical content development and publishing at Dell using DITA/XML standards and SDL publishing tools. Define information architecture strategy, standards, and policies for key technical information experiences. Research content industry and information architecture trends and use that information to drive continued content innovation.
* Define an enterprise-class, scalable taxonomy strategy and related tools, processes, and policies; drive company-wide adoption (Dell Technologies level) for all content types.
* Provide and sustain a modern, efficient, easy-to-use, and reliable content creation and publishing ecosystem for dedicated technical content creators. Create and optimize processes for adding new digital content quickly, while ensuring the content meets Dell’s high-quality requirements. Make the dedicated content creators net promoters of your organization.
* Provide an efficient and easy-to-use content creation platform for engineering and technical marketing that ties into the technical information content management system and takes advantage of modern content creation and publishing capabilities, producing an improved information experience and increased customer loyalty.
* Ensure mission-critical uptime of all authoring, publishing, content management and other systems and tools, measured with data and communicated to key constituents regularly, so high-quality content to be produced and published easily, efficiently, and reliability 24x7x365.
* Develop a deep understanding of target customers. Understand the customer journey and the technical content customers need and want at all relevant stages of that journey to create personalized, WOW-factor experiences that encourage long-term loyalty.
* Use research, vision, and analysis to unlock business problems solved with content and build compelling fact-based strategic recommendations to solve those problems. Develop Business Plans needed to execute these strategies, and lead cross functional teams to deliver operational implementations.
* Understand deeply the industry landscape, Dell’s corporate strategy and positioning, and technology footprint and translate these into the modern, high-quality, efficient content authoring, content management, multi-format content publishing, and omni-channel content distribution ecosystem needed to drive loyalty and trust from our customers in the content we provide.
* Plan, develop, and execute schedules to ensure timely completion of content project deadlines and milestones. Lead project teams to align with the roadmap objectives, project schedule, and project budget.
* Plan and manage resources to ensure goals are met on time and on budget. Identify and monitor project risks and regularly communicate to senior management regarding the status of specific project deliverables. Communicate with all stakeholders throughout the life cycle of any project in a timely fashion.
* Provide input into new products, processes, standards or plans in support of the content business.
* Specify requirements for the technological systems and tools required to support the mobile content operations strategy
* Protect and enhance Dell’s customer experience, above all.
This position requires very strong influencing skills and will require leadership and diplomacy.
* Demonstrates an ability to develop new programs designed to drive awareness and adoption of content. Understands content analytics and uses them to drive content performance improvements.
* Understands the characteristics of all content (written, online, video, interactive, augmented reality, virtual reality) and uses that knowledge to ensure the ecosystem of tools, processes, standards and policies supports delivery the best information experience for customers.
* Understands SEO techniques and best practices and demonstrates ability to apply them to digital content. Uses content management systems and social media tools regularly.
* Demonstrates business acumen, able to articulate the long-term market potential and persuasively communicate the business vision and opportunities for growth using content. Regularly develops strategy to deliver business value and employs continuous improvement methodologies to improve performance against strategies along with quality, cost, and efficiency. Uses analytical skills coupled with a data-driven mindset and decisions to get results. Experienced using clear measures to inform decision-making and sell ideas.
* Demonstrates a great attitude, is curious by nature, and exhibits excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Has strong problem-solving and organizational skills. Able to process and analyze complex data sets, and interpret them to make business decisions. Loves to learn. Researches and stays up-to-date on latest trends, bringing new ideas and insights to bear on responsibilities and opportunities as a matter of course.
* Demonstrates superb organizational skills with the ability to quickly juggle multiple projects varying in size and complexity, prioritizing time and tasks as needed to meet aggressive deadlines. Shows a bias towards speed coupled with the ability to deliver reliably.
* Maintains the highest performance standard. A confident self-starter and self-manager, who can work independently and is willing to "roll up his/her sleeves".
* Collaborates effectively and regularly, is a team player who jumps into the fray with ideas and inspires others with a vision. Demonstrates the ability to influence and effectively manage multiple stakeholder interests.
* Displays authenticity, flexibility and agility to adapt strategies on the fly to meet the needs of a changing business and corporate environment. Exhibits the ability to motivate, mentor, and lead talented professionals to deliver outstanding results. Has fun, likes working with a team, and shows commitment to creating group success.
* Manages cross functional projects, dependencies and bottlenecks, provide escalations management, anticipates and makes tradeoffs, balances the business need versus technical constraints and maximizes business benefit while building great customer experience.
* Understands contemporary technologies and their applicability to solve content authoring, content management, content publishing, and content distributions issues.
* Demonstrates strong process definition and optimization skills and proven ability to define effective, efficient, and massively scalable processes for digital products and services.
* Uses excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrates success in delivering a world-class customer experience in the digital content industry.
* Uses excellent verbal and written communication and persuasion skills and demonstrates success building buy-in for an innovative and bold vision.
* Demonstrates technical fluency and comfort understanding and discussing architectural concepts, schedule tradeoffs, and new opportunities with technical team members, stakeholders, and vendors.
* Leads cross-functional teams successfully through influence versus direct reporting relationships.
* Employs quantitative analytical abilities and proven problem solving skills to deliver objectives and priorities.
* Brings extensive experience with agile methodologies and experience in launching products internationally while working with remote teams.
* Proficient with office productivity software (Excel, Word, etc.)
Education and Experience
* BS/BA required.
* 10-12 years of experience as a leader in multichannel content creation.
* 10-12 years of experience in Enterprise Information Management
* 10-12 years of relevant content strategy, information architecture, and content management experience that supports thought leadership, sales conversion, best-in-class support and an outstanding overall customer experience from first product use and throughout the product use lifecycle.
* 10-12 years of experience with content creation, content management, and content publishing tools and practices. Similar experience in defining and implementing solutions with vendors, team members or both.
**Job:** **Support Services - Project Program Management Manager*
**Organization:** **Infrastructure Solutions Group*
**Title:** *Proj Prog Mgmt Director*
**Location:** *TX-Round Rock*
**Requisition ID:** *170000AG*