This position, within the Compute Operations organization, is responsible for assisting with project management functions related to new product development and implementation. This role provides support for the Compute Operations teams, Squad Leaders and Management in order to ensure project success. Project Coordinators use project management skills to promote goals and objectives of project initiatives including such factors as scope management, project documentation, project schedules, issue tracking, risk management, and project status reporting.Key Responsibilities
- Facilitate communications with project team members and stakeholders in a timely and effective fashion and assist in tracking troubled tasks to help hold project team members accountable for delivery.
- Assist with the coordination of internal departments ensuring they are up to date on current projects and initiatives
- Identify and assist with project requirements, dependencies, critical path items, and project risks.
- Understand and identify project issues and conflicts before they occur or quickly develop solutions to address unexpected issues.
- Work with Project Managers to facilitate status reports for management and stakeholders detailing issue/action item logs, project status, and risks.
- Conduct post-project reviews and make recommendations for continuous excellence in project execution and delivery.
- Track project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Build, develop, and grow business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Develop and advocate best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to assess and apply the appropriate levels of project practice and engagement to achieve the project objectives being fulfilled by agile and non-agile teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including executives, managers, and technical staff.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Capability to apply critical thinking to project situations, make judgment calls to establish direction for resolution, oversee the resolution plan, and represent status and impacts to key project stakeholders.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including executive management, customers, and other departments.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Ability to conceptualize solutions from general information, limited uncertainty, and defined opportunities.
- Ability to resolve conflict among participants.
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback in the spirit of continuous improvement.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.