Job Location: United States : Florida : Tampa
At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. This position is within the Enterprise Finance Architecture group and will involve supporting the Global Data Integrations (GDI) Project Manager in managing the process of planning for and implementing MetLife’s financial administration systems into the GDI architecture.
As part of this process, the Technology Liaison will be a part of the GDI team that acts as a liaison between business groups (e.g. Corporate Finance, Lines of Business (LOBs), Investment stakeholders) and IT Technology partners (e.g. Corporate IT and Line of Business (LOB) IT). General activities of the GDI team involve analyzing current output of admin systems, capturing business requirements from LOBs, and working with IT partners to coordinate the implementation of these systems.
PROJECT PLANNING & INITIATION
- Assist in the creation of project charters, plans and other required documents.
- Maintain the project plan, assist with the execution of assigned project plan tasks, and track overall project health utilizing MS Project.
- Develop specifications for accounting rules with business partners.
- Schedule and execute orientation, business analysis, and other related meetings with business partners including the creation of presentations and meeting setup activities.
- Assist in Project Communications and Status Reporting to related groups.
- Analyze accounting transactions processed via financial administration systems.
- Assist in gathering requirements and obtaining sign-off from business resources.
- Comprehension of GDI architectural components to support questions from Lines of Business and other areas.
- Create process flow diagrams to reflect current and future business processes.
- Provide business input during technical discussions.
- Assist in the coordination of meetings between business and IT groups to review IT design solutions as they relate to the business requirements provided.
- Attend status meeting of Rules Development and IT Development teams to assist Project Manager in tracking of development against the project plan timeline.
- Analyze test files and issues found throughout testing to determine appropriate resolution, communicate to LOBs, IT and testing partners, and track defects to completion.
- Participate in activities related to Deployment/rollout of administration systems into GDI architecture.
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, MIS, or other related field
- Knowledge of accounting principles and familiarity with financial statements, including balance sheet and income statements. MetLife corporate financial statement knowledge is preferred
- Experience with business analysis work
- Good consensus builder, team player
- Excellent oral and written communications skills including strong meeting support skills including: setup, creation of clear meeting agendas, and meeting facilitation skills
- Strong organizational, analytical and multitasking skills
- Ability to work autonomously and be proactive in identifying and resolving issues, and identifying tasks to be accomplished (in support of the project)
- Strong MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills are necessary and knowledge of Microsoft Project, Visio, and MetLife admin systems a plus.
- Familiarity with BI Publisher, PeopleSoft (MetLife’s Corporate Ledger software), including People Soft Query
- Insurance experience a plus
Enterprise Finance Architecture
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.