Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases, has an immediate opening for a Project Development Engineering Manager
at our Corporate Headquarters in Allentown, Pennsylvania.CryoMachinery is poised for a spectacular amount of growth for the next few years-starting now. Join a dynamic team at an exciting time.ABOUT THE GROUP
Over the past 68 years, CryoMachinery has designed and manufactured both standard and custom-engineered cryogenic and warm gas centrifugal turbomachinery used for refrigeration and power recovery in air separation, natural gas production, and other related market segments-to Air Products and to the broader industrial market. Existing designs range from 2 kW to 12 MW, up to 97 barg, -268 C to + 260 C, and speeds up to 100,000 rpm. Standard products include compressor loaded turbo-expanders, generator-loaded power recovery expanders, and low-cost dissipative expanders. CryoMachinery also offers global aftermarket support including on-site service, spares, repairs, and upgrades. ABOUT THE POSITION
The Projects and Project Development Manager will lead the Projects and Project Development teams so that they effectively develop and execute multiple, simultaneous opportunities/projects-successfully meeting or exceeding the department's goals. This role entails leading, managing, mentoring the Projects and Project Development teams. THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL ENJOY
- Being part of a growth-oriented, dynamic, product-centric high-tech business focused on customer solutions.
- Developing close working relationships with the other CryoMachinery Leadership team members - Engineering and Technology Managers, Business Managers, Manufacturing Plant Managers, Purchasing Managers - customers/clients, select vendors, and other key stakeholders.
- Guiding project execution and shaping how CryoMachinery executes standard to Engineered-To-Order (ETO) solutions.
- Being part of a larger team of highly motivated professionals.
- Seeing direct impact of their efforts in satisfying customer requirements.
- Lead the Project Development Engineering team through all aspects of proposal development inclusive of win rate performance; estimating risk & accuracy assessment; short and long term functional capabilities; resource workload planning for Projects and PDE; development and maintenance of estimating tools, project development work processes and standards; coordination and optimization of customer specification reviews; and ensuring compliance with CMDs estimating procedures.
- Lead the Projects team through all aspects of CMD Project Management activities including overall safety, cost, schedule, quality, and equipment performance for the project stack; internal and external customer relationships; scope change management; short and long term functional capabilities; development and maintenance of project execution tools, project execution work processes and standards; project close-out and feedback; and ensuring compliance with CMDs project execution procedures.
- Execute select opportunity development and project execution.
- Improve execution methodologies/work processes for engineer-to-order and new product development opportunities.
- Aggressively reduce the execution effort so that CMD can effectively leverage its execution resources, and adapt the project development and execution procedures so that CMD can successfully develop and execute a higher volume of 3rd-party opportunities.
- Review and approve estimates/proposals.
- Be first line of escalation for project execution issues and gaps.
- Develop project stack reports for senior management.
- Manage Knowledge Retention and Transfer (KRT) activities to ensure continuity in opportunity development and execution expertise.
- Participate in HR work processes for Projects and Project Development personnel.
- Minimum of BS in Mechanical Engineering
- Project Management and/or Project Development Experience, >10 years is preferred
- Detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated and customer-focused
- Ability to apply strong analytical skills to real world engineering problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to influence others, work across organizational silos, and work through obstacles to achieve results
- Effective team building, teamwork, and motivation skills
- Aptitude for quick learning
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple commitments simultaneously
- Knowledge of turbomachinery and MRP systems is beneficial
- Turbomachinery, product development, project development engineering, application engineering, construction, and other field experience is beneficial
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company in operation for over 75 years. The Company's core industrial gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. The Company had fiscal 2017 sales of $8.2 billion from continuing operations in 50 countries and has a current market capitalization of approximately $30 billion. Approximately 15,000 passionate, talented and committed employees from a diversity of backgrounds are driven by Air Products' higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world. To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center. Click on Search job openings. You can apply specifically to Job Req #21634BR. If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.