At least 1 year of experience in a highly matrixed environment. Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
At least 5 years of experience leading world-class discovery or drug development teams with a proven track record of exceptional leadership and effective matrix team management.
• Fast learner in a dynamic business unit
• Self-starter with proven track record of taking initiative and following through
• Competent in GSK systems (CERPS, Workday, HRG booking tool, iTAG etc).
• Able to analyze facts and data
• Strong organizational and skills.
• Ability to priorities workload, working with tight deadlines whilst maintaining an excellent eye for detai
• Demonstrated decision making skills, particularly when working under pressure and time constraints.
• Experience with project management tools and operations
• Proficiency with Microsoft, PowerPoint and Excel
• Comfortable interfacing with all levels of the organization, with a good understanding of interdepartmental relationships
• Excellent communication skills as role will require working between different departments globally across GSK and external parties.
• Ability to multi-task without compromising quality of work.
Excellent team player with good listening skills and ability to work un-supervised
The group supports the design and implementation of pilot programs of digital technologies and innovative solutions aimed at modernizing the clinical trials process. These technologies include but are not limited to imaging, sensors, social media, electronic health records and advanced analytics. The Unit's mission is to prioritize near, medium and long-term opportunities to introduce digital solutions into the design, conduct and reporting of clinical studies Phase I-IV.
The purpose of this role is:
To provide comprehensive logistical and operational support to the VP, Head CIDP as well as other members of the unit.
1. Communications including perform routine scans of relevant news feeds and technology publications, synthesize and coordinate internal and external innovation and tech highlights and work with GSK R&D cooperate communications to plan and execute CIDP Comms Strategy
2. To provide comprehensive logistical and operational support to Group Head (VP) and unit members.
3. Schedule, arrange and monitor diary appointments, ensuring effective time management.
Co-ordinate travel including preparation of itineraries and collation of documentation.
4. Produce all types of documentation including preparation of materials in advance of regular key meetings.
5. Monitor manager's in box and deal with incoming and outgoing correspondence in a proactive and timely manner (follow up on replies, recommend action to be taken, draft responses, and filter to appropriate people).
6. Organize all logistics for meetings (visitors, catering etc), conferences and events whilst adhering to the meetings policies, liaising with internal/ external parties.
7. Be competent in various GSK systems to complete expenses on time, manage invoices and raise purchase orders in CERPS, and use Workday for HR activities.
8. Assist new starters; manage movers and leavers for line management responsibility as required.
9. Assist with schedule, budget, and risk planning.
10. Provide project support to meet key business needs.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.