This position, within the Facilities organization, is responsible for assisting with project management functions related to new product development and implementation. This role provides support for the project managers and backing for the successful launch of products. Uses project management skills to promote goals and objectives of project initiatives including such factors as scope management, project documentation, project schedules, issue tracking, risk management, and project status reporting.Key Responsibilities
- Assist the department as necessary
- Keep up with expenses within region
- Assist with tracking global audits within region
- Assist director with tracking of certs and training
- Helps to coordinate Lease Negotiation Prep
- Assist in tracking contracts and procurement for DCs within region
- Effectively communicate expectations to project team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion, continuously manage objectives, and hold project team members accountable for delivery.
- Plan, schedule, and track project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Develop and deliver progress reports to management and other stakeholder including issue/action item logs, project status, and risks.
- Conduct post-project reviews and make recommendations for continuous excellence in project execution and delivery.
- Develop and advocate best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Ability to assess and apply the appropriate levels of project practice and engagement to achieve the project objectives being fulfilled by agile and non-agile teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including executives, managers, and technical staff.
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving skills. Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Capability to apply critical thinking to project situations, make judgment calls to establish direction for resolution, oversee the resolution plan, and represent status and impacts to key project stakeholders.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including executive management, customers, and other departments.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Ability to conceptualize solutions from general information, limited uncertainty, and defined opportunities.
- Ability to negotiate contracts, commitments, deliveries, expectations with limited business implications.
- Ability to resolve conflict among participants.
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback in the spirit of continuous improvement.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Practical knowledge of both agile and non-agile project methodologies.
- PMP certification is plus.
- Practical experience working directly with business/IT leadership to set direction and drive project execution.
- Experience managing projects that are software/application development and IT infrastructure related.
- Proficient in all MS Office products.
- JIRA experience is useful.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.