Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, we've been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But we're always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, it's vital that we have a talented team on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
We are currently looking to hire a PROJECT COORDINATOR in Windsor, CT.
The primary responsibility of this position is to assist the Operations Manager and Project Managers/Supervisors with coordination, ordering of equipment and scheduling of manpower and other duties as assigned. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
• Coordinate delivery of installation documents & drawings
• Coordination of Permitting Process
• Creation of purchase orders for subcontractors
• Procurement and verification of project schedules
• Assist in the scheduling of sub-contractors for sub-contractor installed projects
• Ordering all equipment & materials for the project
• Coordinate delivery of equipment to the job site
• Assist in the scheduling of SG technicians
• Tracking of project data; RFI's, change orders and other pertinent documentation
• Coordinate delivery of close-out documents
• Receive, review and process weekly time sheets from field personnel
• High School diploma or equivalent - Associates Degree preferred
• Minimum of 3 years experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel Power Point
• Strong computer skills and ability to learn new systems quickly
• Must have well developed communication, presentation, writing and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with customers, vendors, subcontractors and peers
• Positive attitude and motivated to work in team environment is a must
• Ability to manage and prioritize substantial and diverse workload, attention to detail and ability to follow through
• Punctuality and Accountability
Rewards and benefits
We'll expect a lot from you, but we'll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we'll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you'll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.