Assists the Dealer Compliance and Projects team with implementation of process improvement initiatives including: process design, training, and process control. Collaborate with other corporate departments such as Legal, Asset Management, Vehicle Supply, IT & Fleet Services-Tax and Titles. This developmental role is designed to assist in the extensive research and analysis of state and federal statutes for dealer compliance and Remarketing project initiatives. This role will be instrumental with process implementation and
procedural & operational compliance.
- Research and provide an overview of state and federal requirements for dealers by state. Summarize and organize findings to report-out to Project Management team including:
- Dealer Required Services
- Federal Trade Commissions' Used Car Rule: Buyers Guide
- Implied Warranty Requirements
- Federal Record Keeping Requirements
- Title/Registration Services
- Sales Reps Licenses
- Finance Licenses
- Taxes Collection
- Dealership Fees
- Bill of Sale Verbiage Requirements
- New Dealer Set-up and Application Requirements/Signage
- Responsible for the formalization of a project plan, complete with milestones, dependencies, tasks, proactive monitoring, and a recovery plan.
- Will ensure regular communication with the Project Manager to convey progress, inhibitors or roadblocks to the successful completion of events.
- Assists with the project planning and the coordination of all project activities to ensure that tasks assigned are accomplished on schedule.
- Continuous collection and prioritization of enhancement ideas from users of various sales channels.
- Conduct regularly scheduled work out and collaboration sessions with process owners for development of IT requirements.
- Develop and conduct regularly scheduled procedural trainings.
- Other assignments and tasks as assigned.
-High School Diploma or equivalent required
-Experience working with researching and analyzing data.
-Bachelors' degree strongly preferred
-Demonstrated versatility, conviction and commitment to outstanding customer service
-Excellent project management skills
-Strong analytical and influencing skills
-Effective presentation skills with the ability to present project information to, and field questions from Sr. Management
-Excellent time management, organizational skills and follow-up with the ability to switch gears as required based on changing priorities without losing attention to detail
-Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate internally and externally at all levels and to all personalities
-Strong interpersonal skills enabling associate to be a valuable team player
-Advanced research, analytical and problem solving skills
-Adept at meeting facilitation and follow-up
-Computer skills: Excel, Word, MS Project, PowerPoint, Visio, Access, Outlook
-Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
-Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 260,000 vehicles, employs more than 29,000 people, and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
A little about us:
Penske Truck Leasing and Penske Logistics proudly recruits and hires veterans nationwide. We’re annually listed on the Victory Media Top 100 Military-Friendly Employer list (they publish G.I. Jobs and Military Spouse magazines). Last year, 13 percent of new hires were veterans. The company is actively hiring truck drivers, truck maintenance and logistics operations personnel. We are a leading global transportation services provider, offering full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions.