Appliance Sales Associates are experts in appliance sales and product knowledge, providing information on product features, and knowing related items to sell an entire project. These associates are also experts in providing information regarding and selling the extended service protection. Associates in this position provide fast, friendly service to customers and are responsible for actively seeking out customers to assess their needs and provide assistance. They know how to greet, qualify, recommend and close every customer in their department, and know how to handle basics in adjacent departments. They maintain the in-stock condition of assigned areas, and ensure that they are clean, shoppable, and safe. They must possess strong follow-up skills, enabling them to process a customer transaction from pre-qualification to delivery, ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction possible.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
Expert in knowledge of appliances
-Answer questions about appliances to the customers' level of expertise
-Escort customers to appropriate appliances
-Describe features and benefits of appliances
-Explain the steps needed to complete projects and the products needed
-Assist customers with special orders and installed sales
-Acquire beginner product knowledge in adjacent departments
-Promote services offered in other departments
-Knowledge of other HD companies and how to best recommend them
-Provides fast, friendly service Actively seek out customers in the appliance showroom
-Offer a friendly greeting, smile, and make eye contact with customers
-Ask open ended questions about customers projects in order to
determine their needs and level of expertise
-Show enthusiasm with the customer
-When necessary, handle several customers at once
-Thank customers for shopping at The Home Depot
-Follow up with customers via telephone when appropriate
-Able to use equipment (cutting tools, key cutter, blind cutter, etc.) in own and neighboring departments to assist customers as needed
NATURE AND SCOPE
-Due to forklifts and other heavy equipment traveling through the store, temporary cracks may appear in the floor, causing an uneven walking surface
-The warehouse environment can be dusty and noisy
-Doors are frequently open, causing drafts and interior temperature changes
-Floors around work area may become slippery during wet weather conditions
-May have to handle merchandise and work with tools with sharp edges
-Passing forklifts emit gas fumes
-Tools, supplies and related merchandise may contain hazardous materials
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Usually in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort from such things as dust, fumes or odors.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 0 years
Must continuously stand or walk or regularly requires lifting/handling/carrying material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
Physical Job Requirements
- Bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling and moving items
- Requires the ability to move around the store and maneuver merchandise when necessary
- Responding to public address system announcements
- Requires ability to respond to customer service calls, personal pages and general information announcements
- Moving and Standing
- Requires moving around the store to assist Customers
- Identifying and reading reports, tickets and UPC labels
- Requires recognizing, identifying and using merchandise and necessary reports
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:- Quality Service Makes customers the first priority, actively seeks out customers, greets all customers, offers assistance
- Product Knowledge Demonstrates a high level of knowledge of products, services and procedures in assigned area and nearby departments, knows priority SKUs
- Solutions - Seeks to fully understand the customers needs, provides customer with the best solution even if it involves a markdown, contacts other associates/leaders as needed; until
customer s need is met
- Respect Treats customers in a sincere, appreciative manner and thanks them for their business, minimizes their time in the checkout line, acknowledges waiting customers and thanks for shopping with The Home Depot
- Project Focus Asks customers about their project and provides appropriate related items and services for total project, sells the whole project
- Selling Skills - Promotes products and services using Greet-Qualify-Recommend-Close, resolves customers concerns; executes Good, Better, Best strategy