Position Title: Owner Project Development Engineer I
Business Group: BE - SSNA
Job Family Group: Engineering
Job Family: BE Field Pre-Sales Support
Reports To: Branch Owner Sales Manager
Under general direction, participates as a member of the Owner Project Development Team to achieve department and sales objectives. Responsible for leading the development of small, non-complex facility improvement measures for the assigned projects. Provides high level engineering analysis focused on utility and operational savings, together with financial business case analyses during preliminary proposal phase. Supports the team in achieving business goals by following and promoting standard processes and using Best Business Practices methodologies.
1. Provide technical, financial and process support to the Owner Sales Account Executives and Account Representatives during the Target, Qualify and Discover phases of the sales cycle.
2. Collects and maintains the required Customer data to prepare a Preliminary Proposal, including utility, operational and equipment data using the data collection and facility audit templates.
3. Validates the Customer data and assumptions made during conceptual / budgetary sales phase.
4. Performs preliminary engineering and financial analysis to quantify energy savings or other customer benefits, together with technical and financial benchmarking as required.
5. Gathers the Scope and cost estimates provided by the sales representative.
6. Uses standard templates to create a Proposal that includes a compelling Business Case and scope of work for each assigned project.
7. Provides support for local utility incentives and rebate programs.
8. Develops standardized proposals and other customer communication documents as required.
9. Participates in transition meetings with Operations and Sales to ensure project scope and objectives, timeline and customer requirements are properly understood.
10. Teams with Solutions, Sales, Marketing and Operations to continually improve processes and tools.
11. Performs other job duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Fully Utilizes the Johnson Controls toolset as well as other scope budgeting and development processes and tools in performing tasks.
• Utilizes existing relationships with suppliers.
• Participates in relevant professional organizations.
• Responsible for remaining current with relevant engineering or design standards and practices.
• Works to secure relevant professional certifications and licenses (e.g., Certified Energy Manager (CEM) and or Professional Engineering (PE) license)
• Responsible for the promotion and adherence of Johnson Controls safety policies
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or a related field as appropriate. Three to five years' experience in building systems design and construction or five years' experience in design build construction with emphasis on HVAC required. Undergraduate experience performing building modeling preferred (example IAC program) with CEM Certification. Entry level function-specific licenses or certifications preferred (e.g., Fundamental of Engineering Certification for Engineering related roles, etc.) Demonstrated subject matter expertise (SME) in a minimum of 20 Facility Improvement Measures highly desirable. Possesses strong understanding of basic engineering, operational process and financial concepts together with analytical capabilities and ability to manage tasks associated with the development of projects. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team settings, driven for results, focus on the customer, and displays leadership potential. Has good written and verbal communication skills and is comfortable working in customer-facing situations. Demonstrates solid computer skills, including an understanding of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, together with competencies in third party energy modeling software such as eQUEST & Energy Plus is highly desirable.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.