Project Development Engineer What you will do
This position serves as a key contributor to the Distributed Energy Storage (DES) business development team and is responsible for the technical development of proposals. A key component of this position is to lead the DES team in creating a standard, repeatable and accurate process for pricing and technically developing projects. Additionally, this role is expected to be customer facing and support presentation with the local teams and end customers to help successfully position storage in the market. How you will do it
- Technical Sales Support and customer engagement
- Work closely with business development and local sales teams to define and propose appropriate DES solutions for specific customers
- Perform initial site assessments in support of developing the appropriate DES solutions Including:
- Electrical bill analysis
- Site electrical one-line diagram review
- DES System sizing
- Project cost/benefit analysis and initial cash pro-forma generation
- Provide technical information and cost estimates for input into final technical and commercial proposals, and develop content for standard proposals.
- Knowledge Management / Codes / Specifications / Certifications
- Ensure that all relevant legislation, Johnson Controls requirements, standards, best practice, compliance requirements and program needs are adhered to throughout project execution
- Champion delivery of technical solution and documentation for repeated standardized project development
- Develop technical training aids and provide training as required
- Develop roadmap for project development tools, provide requirements to engineers, identify gaps in current modelling tools - all with a goal of consolidating tools into a single platform
- Identify additional ways to scale DES business
- Support customer presentations
Evaluate technical applicability of product into new markets - ex. reviewing rate structure in a new geography to see how it aligns to DES value prop and then building the ability to model that into the toolset What we look for
Who we are
- Bachelor's degree in technical field with MBA preferred
- 10 years of experience in energy efficiency, clean-tech, utilities sector or related field
- Proven performance with business development, sales and bid strategy
- Experience with complex projects with customer facing elements
- Up to 50% travel required
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com .
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.