Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
Remote location possible. This position requires extensive travel to customer sites within the 48 contiguous states of the U.S. The candidate chosen will be responsible for preparation of engineered shop drawings, installation, transition, upgrade, expansion, service and scheduled maintenance of integrated building automation systems on time, on budget and to the customer's satisfaction. Responsibilities can vary substantially from one project to another and can include any combination of the following primary duties:
(1) Analyzing customer needs and making recommendation regarding expanded product offerings to existing customers;
(2) Prepare cost estimates for minor system modifications;
(3) Troubleshoot and repair complex customer systems;
(4) Develop and implement hardware selections and software applications for assigned customers;
(5) Manage scheduled maintenance contracts;
(6) Requisition and deliver material as required;
(7) Coordinate activities of subcontractors when necessary;
(8) Create, load, and test system databases;
(9) Coach and mentor junior-level installation and/or service personnel;
(10) Check out and start up control systems;
(11) Provide on-site training to customers as needed;
(12) Suggest system improvements, modifications, etc.;
(13) Perform warranty work;
(14) Complete documentation for assigned tasks;
(15) Work with sales personnel to develop multi-year customer system upgrade plans, including short-term and long-term customer budgets and account plans;
(16) Engineer small projects including upgrades and enhancements;
(17) Prepare engineered shop drawings for projects of all sizes and degrees of complexity.
(18) Work with customers on the development and implementation of advanced energy saving techniques and/or Building Analytics;
(19) Perform integrations between different communication protocols;
(20) Independently perform system upgrades and migrations;
(21) Proficiently demonstrate customer service skills;
(22) Highly motivated self-starter who can work independently;
(23) Possesses leadership capabilities and the desire and ability to learn new skills;
(24) AutoCAD or Visio;
(25) DDC or Function Block Programming – Chillers, Cooling Towers, RTU’s, and AHU’s;
(26) Create graphics;
(27) Use Travel Portal to schedule trips;
(28) Travel 80-90%
This job might be for you if:
Four-year college or technical degree or related work experience
Five years related work experience or equivalent required.
Struxureware, INET, Vista and Continuum and/or IA product experience background is a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
Moving over rough or uneven surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately heavy to light items. Transporting of items such as a laptop computer and luggage; driving an automobile, etc.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the primary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
While performing the primary duties of the job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. Employee may work in different environments while on various job sites. Must be able to climb ladders and lift 75-pounds unassisted.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disable d.
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.