PURPOSE AND KEY RESULTS OF THE POSITION:
Provide engineering support to the Danville plant by working on capital capacity, innovation, and cost management projects, along with infrastructure work, process improvement, and Quality and Health, Safety, and Environmental initiatives.
Apply engineering principles to analyze and plan for the requirements of assigned projects and cost studies to assure feasibility, achieve targeted results, and coordinate all project activities with plant customers. This person should be recognized and accessed by the plant as a Subject Matter Expert in many technical areas.
- Prepare specifications and design process and packaging flows for assigned projects, and oversee the preparation of all necessary drawings.
- Prepare cost, lead-time, and downtime estimates for assigned projects and cost studies.
- Ascertain and include all relevant requirements including building permits, environmental regulations, sanitary design, Good Manufacturing Practices, and OSHA and PepsiCo Safety regulations on all work assignments.
- Support plant productivity initiatives, especially improvement of equipment reliability and reduction of waste. Provide troubleshooting, problem analysis, and technical support to the plant as requested.
- Specify, bid, select, and purchase required equipment, parts, and contract installation services for assigned projects to assure that the project is implemented as scheduled with minimal production interruptions.
- Supervise work performed by maintenance mechanics, contractors, and service personnel to assure efficient coordination and completion of assigned projects as scheduled.
- Implement maintenance and operator training for all new equipment and systems installed. Also recommend and implement training as needed to close plant capability gaps.
- Lend Engineering department expertise to Health Safety and Environmental processes and to Quality processes, by leadership in HSE program elements and food safety initiatives.
- Support the TPM process at the Danville facility. Specifically, follow the Early Management process and act as a resource for Q teams.
- Capital project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Familiar with basics of finance, product cost accounting and statistical process control. Able to effectively manage and track project spending and report financials on a regular basis.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to negotiate with vendors, contractors and consultants.
- Strong team building skills required to manage and lead cross-functional teams.
- Self motivated, results and action oriented. Able to make independent and sound decisions.
- Fundamental background with PLC's and process control.
- Computer skills to include familiarity with spreadsheet and word processing software, basic CAD skills and ability to utilize MS Project and other project tracking software.
- B.S. degree in Engineering.
Not Eligible for Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.