Location: Radnor, Pennsylvania
Posted: December 02, 2017
Reference ID: 13603
Responsible for implementation of engineering initiatives, solutions for improving operating efficiency, regulatory compliance, and safety in the Airgas Regional Company industrial, medical cylinder fill, cylinder maintenance, and acetylene generating plants. Monitor current and progressive technology as it pertains to the industrial/medical gas business. Support regional growth by assisting in new facility construction/layout process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Test and verify new technology for use in cylinder filling, cylinder maintenance and repair, and acetylene processes.
• Implement best operating practices for regional cylinder fill and acetylene facilities
• Provide engineering and technical support to Regional Companies as required to support plant operations solve operating problems.
• Provide technical project management for R&D projects for the gas engineering group.
• Provide process and instrumentation diagrams as required for compliance.
• Support plant construction projects with Regional Company.
• Manage special project request
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• A BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent education.
• At least three (2) years hands-on experience in process improvement and project management
• Hands on experience with CAD and developmental computer skills.
• Knowledge of Office products such as MS Excel , Word, PowerPoint and project tracker
• Highly motivated individual and self-starter.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Considerable time will be spent in field operations in all types of locations.
• At least 50% away from home travel is required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• All types of work environments may be encountered.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability